8. Happiness Is A Gift (Part 2)

Clint & Laura

Pepper and Tony had just cut the cake and now the party was really starting! Sam and Bucky were doing shots, Steve discovered Cocktails and Thor was talking to a half-empty vodka bottle!!

Clint was at the bar looking over at the scene having just ordered a Martini for Laura while he just fancied a beer. The barman placed the drinks on the counter and Clint carried them over to their table.

"Actually, I don't really want a drink right now thanks, Hun." She said eying the glass.

" that is alright, Tony's paid for the bar so I thought I would take advantage. " he said with a smile "wanna dance?"

"Of course,"

He led her out onto the floor and pulled her close. She had been off for a while lately getting up early, being restless even a little sick. He knew she was okay as she constantly reminded him, but it was his job to keep her safe.

"You know I won't be drinking for a while now" she asked hoping he would put two and two together, of course Clint being Clint he didn't.

"Why's that"

"It's not going to be is all the time, there is going to be a third member to the Barton family." He has to know now! It was staring him in the face of was the that obvious! She thought while gazing into his eyes.

"Are we getting a dog? I've always wanted a dog! Let's get a Lab or a golden retriever, no a spaniel! ,"

Laura rolled her eyes at her husband; she knew she would have to spell it out for him.

"Clint" he looked up and smiled his boyish smile that she fell in love with!

"I am Pregnant!" She held her breath as she tried to read him, the problem with being a S.H.I.E.L.D agent is that they are trained not to show any emotion.

"OH MY GOD I AM GOIN TO BE A FRICKING DAD!!" He yelled with happiness etching out of him.

"Clint! Not so loud, everyone will hear!" Laura hastily out a hand over his mouth to block any further shouts that came out of his mouth.

He grinned and pulled her close so they were swaying very softly, he rested a hand on her belly and then said in a barely audible whisper "I don't think I have ever been this happy,"

She looked up "Not even on our wedding night?" She thought that |Clint could never be as happy as he was then, however here he was radiating happiness.

"Ah, well then it was just us two now there are three Barton's!" Laura was over the moon that he wasn't upset, they both wanted kids someday but because of Clint's job they had a silent agreement to wait. They both were ready now though so it's even better this way she told herself.

Clint couldn't believe it! He was going to be a father! He started wondering how they were going to bring up a baby with Clint's job and constant Mission undertaking, well they would cross that bridge when they came to it.

****************************************************************************************

Natasha was behind the bar making her own drink as she liked hers very exact, Bruce was just in front of her talking to Thor. He saw her looking at him and made his way over.

"How did a nice girl like you end up working in a dump like this?" He joked as he lent up against the bar top"

"fella done me wrong, "She joke back with him as she poured him a drink hoping to keep him there longer (though she wouldn't admit it!)

"you got lousy taste in men! "Bruce said, he had no idea what made him say as he had no chance with her besides, he didn't trust himself not to hurt her.

"he's not so bad, he has a temper but deep down he's all fluff," His stomach did a summersault as Nat looked up from her drink to see his reaction "Fact is he's not like anyone I've known, all my friends are fighters and here come this guy spending his time away from the fight cause he knows he'll win."

"He sounds amazing." He joked trying to get her to confirm.

"he's also a huge dork," He looked down slightly embarrassed "chicks dig that." He could now feel a blush creeping up his neck.

"so, what do you reckon? should I fight this or run with it?" She asked. Nat knew he was smart, so he would have figured out that she was talking about him,"

"run with it, right? or what did he do that was so wrong to you?" He answered deciding for once (if she was really talking about him) he should let his happiness have a moment.

"not a dam thing, but never say never" She said winking while walking away. Nat hadn't answered his question because she wanted to know more about how he felt.

Bruce watched her leave and mentally cursed for not asking her out. The voice spoke in the back of his head

No! Why would she want to go out with you!

Shut up!

You can't have her Banner; you can't have that life!

I said SHUT UP!

He decided not to drink anymore but to talk to someone, hopefully his thoughts wouldn't interrupt.  

************************************

Hey yaaalll! 

Can you name any Good Irondad stories? 

Be happy!

-P.S.