Tony Stark X Reader - All of Me

A/N - You guys really seemed to enjoy my last soft!Tony chapter, so I thought I would lean into that a bit more. This chapter is based on the song 'All of Me' by John Legend. It's a little short, but I hope you all enjoy it.

This was your happy place. You were more certain of that than ever before. Sitting on the sofa with your legs across the love of your life's lap with music playing softly in the background. Who could blame you? It was a pretty picture from whatever angle you looked at it from. 

You must have been staring, drawing Tony's attention away from his book as he glanced up at you, a smile pulling at his lips. "Hey, Sweetheart," he murmured, his hand squeezing your calf to pull you back into the moment. "Whatcha thinking about?" 

A small chuckle burst out of you as you shook your head. "You'll think it's silly," you uttered, reaching out to link your fingers through his. 

"In fairness, you say a lot of silly things." You sent him a playful scowl, causing him to laugh. "Come on, tell me."

You shrugged slightly, the frown dropping as a small smile danced back onto your lips. "I was just thinking about how in love with you I am," you told him, watching as he smiled in spite of himself.

"That is silly," he uttered, his cheeks tinting red with blush as you watched him carefully. "I think you've gone crazy," he continued.

"Well, you're completely out of your mind." You paused for a moment, smirking in his direction. "Maybe that's why we make such a good couple." 

Tony was quiet for a moment, and then he was dragging you closer to him and pressing his lips to yours in a sweet kiss. Your head felt like it was spinning as he pulled away, leaving you utterly breathless. "You are the most beautiful smart-ass I have ever met-" he told you, a smile twisting itself across his face. "And I am so in love with you." You snorted, pulling him in for another kiss. 

In all honesty, you had never thought that you and Tony would work. He was a playboy, the dictionary definition of a bachelor, and you had assumed he would never want to settle down. Especially not with someone as 'normal' as you. But now, a year and a half into your relationship, you had never been more certain of anything than you were about Tony's love for you. 

As you separated, Tony shifted, getting to his feet and leaving you a little confused. "What are you doing?" you uttered, watching as he headed away from the seating area you had claimed for the two of you. 

"Bathroom," he answered, watching as you nodded. 

A few minutes later, as you flicked through some trashy magazine, he had come and slumped back down onto the sofa with you, his arms wrapped around your middle, his body covering yours completely. "Hi," you murmured, lifting the magazine out of the way to smile down at him. 

"I'm back," he responded, his face pressed into your stomach. 

"So I see," you uttered, dropping one hand to cup his cheek, running a thumb over his stubble. 

He snorted slightly, leaning into your palm like a needy puppy. "I have a question for you," he practically purred, pausing for just a second to hold your gaze. "Will you marry me?" He shuffled slightly, pulling a ring box out of his pocket and holding it open to reveal the prettiest ring you had ever seen.

Your breath caught in your throat as you stared at the glittering stone, your mouth opening and closing as you attempted to settle your mind. "Yes," you uttered, drawing your eyes back to his as you smiled at him. "Of course I'll marry you."

 Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x