1.

The various loud noises protruding from platform nine and three quarters were a welcome change from the severe lack of any sign of human life that blair had been deprived of all summer.

though most people seek silence, when you're surrounded by dull rich people and classical music for majority of the summer, the screams of first years, the sobs of parents and the whistling of the train was beyond music to my ears. I smoothed out the single wrinkle I had created in my skirt from my constant tugging on it - I wasn't nervous, hogwarts was my second home - however for a currently 15 year old girl who seemed to breeze through schooling, the next most essential part of school was appearing at least somewhat appealing to the male species. don't get me wrong, i'm not boy crazy by any means, in fact I tend to stay away from most males except those I'm friends with, but being around muggle girls for parts of summer meant their ways did rub off on me. Though another part of me was not excited to return... last term one of my best friends had been killed in cold blood by the man my parents serve even though all he wanted to do was win the tri wizard tournament fairly along with Harry. Killed for just being a good person. Though my fellow slytherins never approved of my friendship with a Hufflepuff, they went a little softer on him as he was my friend and I suppose for that I was thankful. But I had already spent my holidays mourning and crying in silence as my family never really approved of my friendship with him either, this year.. this year I would live for him.

the train whistle sounded and I knew it was time to board. I turned to face my morticia and Gomez Addams costume clothed parents and sighed. they weren't actually wearing costumes, my parents just have a rather morbid sense of fashion. I don't think I've ever seen them wear any colour outside of the realm of black, grey, and on special occasions? white, dark green and blood red.

"now remember what I told you sweetheart. stick to your instincts this semester, word has gotten out about the dark lord and judging by what he's been saying... it won't end well." my mother said with a caring smile as she removed her hand from my fathers grasp and engulfed me in a suffocating hug. I sighed deeply and gave an easing smile. "I know, and you mustn't worry about me. you know I won't be harmed."

The Harling's are one of the more prominent pure-blood wizard families. Descending from Merlin on my mother's side and Salazar Slytherin on my fathers side. We were known to be quite powerful, but I did earn a few judgments due to the slytherin side. We hold a secret - a lot of my family, including my parents, are death eaters. Though the ministry have no proof, so it's just considered speculation. For a while, when the dark lord was gone, we were a regular family. However, when he rose again in my first year disguised as our defence against the dark arts teacher... they were called for duty again and much to my dismay, we haven't been the same since. I spent my childhood 50/50 in the magic world and muggle since much to the ministry's disliking, the muggle world did hold certain things that the magical world didn't.

"Alright Blair, it's time to board the train." My father waved his wand and a small box appeared in his hands encased in light purple wrapping paper. He handed it to me and gave me a last hug. I smiled at him and placed it inside of my pocket to open on the train. My mother was beside herself as always, she sobbed and hugged me one last time. I said my goodbyes and began to walk towards the loud train as I do every year.

I began searching the train for my friends and nearly got knocked out by a few second years who were chasing after something I couldn't see. "Blair!" I spun around and came face to face with pansy Parkinson who mind you - I cannot stand. But, she was kind of obsessed with me, in the way that she always wanted to be my best friend due to my status as the greatest witch of my generation, family status and my overall popularity I suppose. "Pansy!" I fake squealed as if I liked her, "How were your holidays?"
Her face morphed into a pleased smile as she began to blubber on about how great her holidays were and how she met so many handsome Greek men and this and that, though I only began to pay attention as she looped her arm around mine and dragged me into a carriage surrounded by other slytherin. Namely Blaise, Crabbe , goyle and... Malfoy.