Chapter VIII

After formulating a plan, Vres and Mordecai led a detachment of the 75 Clone Ranger Legion to Razor Coast with the hopes of capturing Stratus and turning the tide of the battle. Marching alongside them was Master Sirrus and his Padawan Aubrie as well as a armored division. As they marched for the Razor Coast, Vres sensed something was wrong. 

Mordecai: Master? 

Vres: Something's not right, Mordecai.

Mordecai: Are you sure about that, Master? It's quiet. 

Vres: That is what troubles me, Mordecai. It's far too quiet. Everyone! Keep your eyes peeled! 

Aegis signaled his troops to follow his lead. As they walked through the mud, one of them steps on a anti-personal mine. 

Aegis: AMBUSH! 

As Aegis called out to his fellow Clones, several mines go off, killing many Clones. Vres and Mordecai managed to use the Force to push some of the mines away. Soon enough, a coalition of Jabiimi Nationalist and Battle Droids soon began firing. 

Aegis: TARGETS! LEFT SIDE! LEFT SIDE!

The Clones began firing on the Separatist Coalition as Vres and Mordecai mounted a defensive. Sirrus and Aubrie soon joined up with Vres and Mordecai. 

Sirrus: Where are they coming from?! 

Aegis: The storm's interfering with our sensors! 

With that, a battle had erupted between the Republic attack force and the Separatist coalition. Leading the coalition was none other than Alto Stratus himself. 

Stratus: The storm is scrambling all sensors! The time to strike is now! Show no mercy!

Startus led the Jabiimi Nationalists in a charge while the Droid army marched along. As the battle raged on, some of the AT-TE tanks began to get stuck in the mud. One of the AT-TE pilos approached Sirrus. 

AT-TE Pilot: Sir! Our ground vehicles are mired in mud! Permission to call down the gunships, sir?

Sirrus: No. The atmospheric conditions are too turbulent! They'd never make it through!I should be able to get the AT-TE moving at least. 

Sirrus then begins to use the Force in an attempt to move the AT-TE tank. As he did, he was stabbed in the back by Stratus. 

Stratus: The Jedi stand around with their eyes closed? Too easy....

Sirrus then collapsed to the floor as he died in a pool of blood. His last thoughts were of his Padawan. 

Sirrus: Aubrie.....stay strong.....

Stratus: The Force has abandoned you, Jedi. 

Stratus then proceeds to decapitate Sirrus and proudly displays his head to his troops. 

Stratus: THE JEDI ARE WEAK! LET US WIPE THEM OFF THE FACE OF JABIIM! DEATH TO THE REPUBLIC INVADERS!

Meanwhile, Vres along with Mordecai and Aubrie were rallying Aegis and the remaining Clone attack force. Mordecai then spots Stratus.

Mordecai: Go help the others! I'll take mud for brains!

Mordecai then charges at Stratus and attacks him. Stratus proves to be the superior fighter as he takes down Mordecai. 

Stratus: Do not underestimate me, boy. I would rather die than see Jabiim fall into your hands! 

Stratus was soon attacked by Aubrie. As Stratus falls back with his forces, Aubrie looked upon the fallen body of her master. 

Aubrie: Master Sirrus......

Mordecai: I'm sorry....

The battle continued to rage as Jabiimi Nationalist demolition teams began setting explosive charges on the AT-TE walkers and began destroying them. Aegis soon spoke with Vres.

Aegis: Our walkers are getting destroyed! We're losing men fast! We need to fall back!

Vres: Have your men cover our retreat! This battle is lost!

Aegis: Copy, General! FALL BACK! FALL BACK! 

While Aegis gathered what remained of the attack force, Vres gathered Mordecai and Aubrie. She was soon saddened to see the decapitated body of Master Sirrus. 

Vres: May the Force be with you, Master Sirrus. 

Soon, their position was targeted by an airstrike. It soon became clear that the ambush was planned from the start. Vres then turned to the shaken Padawans. 

Vres: We're evacuating the area! We must fall back to the command center before the Separatists attack! 

Left with no other choice, Mordecai and Aubrie honored Vres's commands and retreated back to the command center. They were forced to leave behind the bodies of their fallen comrades. As the Republic attack forces retreated, the Jabiimi Nationalists cheered for their apparent victory. As the cheering grew louder and louder, Stratus rallied them. 

Stratus: Today is a glorious day for the proud people of Jabiim! We have fought the Jedi and their Clone slaves and emerged victorious! But our fight is not yet over! They are weak! They run for their sanctuary like cowards with tails tucked between their legs! We will not grant them a moment's rest! We will not allow them to lick their wounds and recover! The Confederacy of Independent Systems have given us the tools we need to wipe the Republic scum from the face of Jabiim! We will march on their sanctuary and kill them all! We will kill their Jedi and slaughter their Clone slaves! We will free our captured brothers and sisters from their cages and slaughter all the traitors who would give our planet to the Republic! We will see to it that their bodies lay buried beneath the mud of Jabiim! Glory to Jabiim!

With that, the Jabiimi Nationalists under Stratus's command cheered for their leader as Stratus raised his sword as well as the head of Sirrus. After that, Stratus led the Jabiimi Nationalists and the Droid army to the Republic Command Center where they would launch a final attack to destroy what remained of the Republic army that was stationed on Jabiim.