Rekindle

(Y/N) POV

You wake up to the bright and warm sunlight hitting your face. You squirm yourself around and find your face nuzzled against Murdoc's chest. The warmth of his body creates a soothing feeling inside your chest. You feel Murdoc's arm wrap around your back, pulling you in closer. You hug him back. You lay like this in a peaceful silence and contemplate if this taste of plastic beach will be the flavour of the whole experience.

Murdoc breaks the silence, 'Are you hungry love?' he asks in his croaky and tired morning voice.

Your awareness turns to your hunger and as a result your belly releases a loud grumble.

'I'll take that as a yes', Murdoc responds with a chuckle. Murdoc plants a kiss on your forehead, releases from your embrace and walks over to the door across the room. You open your eyes slowly and focus on Murdoc standing beside the door frame. His hair is fluffy and messy and falls into his eyes; this pairs nicely with his floral boxers.

'I'll go and cook your favourite, come to the kitchen when you're ready. There's clean clothes in the cupboard and-

'Where's the bathroom?' You cut him off.

'I'll show you, follow me', Murdoc order and he wiggles his pointer finger, indicating for you to follow.

You sit up and drag yourself towards him. He puts his hand out to you and you grab it. You follow him to the bathroom. Once at the bathroom, Murdoc explains where everything is, he kisses your forehead and turns to go cook breakfast, you smack his ass! He turns around and blushes before walking away with a grin.

You lock the bathroom and hop in the shower. Your tummy grumbles again and you realise that food is of higher priority than a long enjoyable shower right now.

ADRIENNE POV

Alfred and I have now reached here. It feels weird to be here. Although I've lived most of my life here it feels new and a little unsettling. I makes me remember why I left. But I know I'm not going to be here for long. I'm here to stop being a new person making the same old mistakes.

Mother and Father have called my university and paid a doctor to tell the school that I have coronavirus so I have time to recollect myself. It makes me remember that although my family has a cold and and aloof exterior they mean well.

I stand in front of the mansion before me, it stares right at me I'm not sure whether it's welcoming me or taunting me. I enter regardless. 

'It's now time for tea Lady Adrienne', Alfred says as he motions for me to follow him through to the dinning room. I take a seat at the grand table and observe the clashing prints scattered through the room. The room lacks taste and elegance, however as it's expensive nobody can judge it. 

I assumed I would be dinning alone... but I hear footsteps approach the table and lock my eyes to the target that is taking a seat beside me. 

I am shocked...

(Y/N) POV

I go back to the bedroom and get dressed. All the clothes look funny. You can tell all these clothes are from the 2010's. After rummaging through for a minute or two you piece together an adequate outfit and head to the kitchen. 

It smells great. You sit at the table and watch Murdoc dancing to some smooth synthy music as he cooks. You're not sure if it the way the scene has been set or if it's genuine but your feel this intense infatuation for Murdoc and feel like this is what you want forever.