Chapter 4

" Hey Oscar," I say. " Wanna give me a ride home?"

         I know that I should probably walk with the crew but as they say 'fuck dem kids.'

Cesar snaps his head towards me like puta what the f*ck?!! But I don't care. I look directly at Oscar because I get what I want and I want to get in Spooky's car. I can hear Jamal in the background saying that I'm crazy.

      Honestly I can't deny that, but that doesn't mean he should say it out loud. A young thug got feelings, too, you know? Anyways, Oscar is taking forever to answer and this point, my patience is GONE. I barely had any to begin with.

         So, like the drama queen I  am, I say,
" Okay, I guess not." and turn and start walking back to Monse n' them.

     I guess that made him hurry up to give me an answer . Because the next thing he said was, " Ight, hop in."

Yeah that's what I thought. During the ride Cesar was glaring at me all mad, but he'll get over it.

"How's school going?" Oscar said in an attempt to make conversation.

"It's going good, stressful but good," I smile at him.

"And you, Cesar?"

Cesar rolled his eyes with annoyance, " It's fine, always is."

Oop! Not Cesar gettin' an attitude. Acting like he won't get his shit rocked. I chuckle in my head, I'm so fucking funny.

We pull up to their house and Oscar tells Cesar to get out and let me in the front seat. The look of shock and betrayal on Cesar's face was hilarious. He just sat there mouth open and wide-eyed.

    Of course I gave him a second to collect himself, then I said, " You heard him, get the fuck out. "

He turned his head to me so fast I just know he got hella whiplash.

"C'mon Cesar, I gotta get home y'know."

Finally he got out and I went into the front seat. I just stared at Oscar as he drove. I guess me burning a hole in his face was starting to get to him because he turned to me once we got to an intersection and said, "Watchu looking at?"

Of course I have to be smart so I say, "You're the only other person in the car, no?"

He sucked his teeth and began driving again. I just laughed at his annoyed face. We pull up to my house and I get out and lean on door, poking my head in the window.

"Thanks for the ride Spooky," I say, "You need gas money?"
I've never gotten a ride from someone without giving them gas money or paying them back because I don't want to be indebted to anyone.

   He looks kind of amused but then offended once he realized that I was serious.

" Nah, thanks though. Hurry up and get in the house."

I walk up to the door and look back to see him still waiting. He waves his hand as to say go inside. I go inside and close the door then look out the door to see him finally pull off.

"JAMAL!" I call out. Nobody answers. He must be at Ruby's house. I'll swing by later, right now I have to finish this fucking homework.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Sorry for this SUPER late update but I'm low key struggling with school so yah😓