Sleepy Nico [Solangelo]

Will POV

Monday was one of the most crowded days in the infirmary. A few kids in the Hermes cabin spread around a flu, and the number of available beds in the infirmary was beginning to be threateningly low. One of my half-siblings suggested we use the Artemis cabin for extra space, but if Artemis were to glance down at Camp Half-Blood and see boys in her cabin, things would definitely not get better.

I rushed around the infirmary with my half-siblings, giving out medicine, taking temperatures, and trying to get the sick campers to eat something. Some of them had gone days without eating anything, and were dangerously losing weight. After I convinced Percy Jackson I could not make his soup blue, my half-sister Kayla came up to me.

"Take a break, Solace," she said.

I shook my head as I poured out more medicine into small cups. "I can't."

Kayla rolled her eyes as she began filling cups with water. "Will, no one has shown any danger of dying. Everyone is just throwing up. Take a break."

I sighed. "I guess it wouldn't hurt."

Kayla scoffed. "No, it wouldn't. That's my point. Now go."

I took off my gloves and made my way out of the infirmary. I took off my mask and breathed in fresh air. Healthy campers walked by and greeted me. I gave them small waves in return. I looked over to the cabins and my eyes fell on the darkest one: the Hades cabin. I walked closer, and saw that the black curtains were up and there was no source of light coming from inside. I walked up and knocked on the door. No response.

"Nico?" I called, knocking again. I shook the door knob frantically, but the door remained shut.

"NICO!" I screamed. I heard a mumbling noise come from inside the cabin.

"Hey, Will," someone said. I turned to see Connor Stoll, son of Hermes, walking by. "What are you doing?"

"Could you unlock this door for me? With your son of Hermes powers or whatever?" I asked.

Connor smirked, and approached the door. He held his hand in front of it and I heard the lock click.

"Thanks." I said. Connor nodded and took off. I opened the door to see none other than the Ghost King himself flung onto his bed, the blankets and sheets scattered across the floor. He was definitely awake, just not moving. I closed the door and slowly approached the window by his bed, my footsteps causing the floorboards to creak. I grabbed the black curtain and pulled it to the side, causing a beam of light to shine right onto my boyfriend.

Nico let out a noise that was somewhere in between a scream and a groan. He plunged his face into his pillow.

"Will... Solace..." he said bitterly.

"Yes?" I asked innocently.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Making sure you don't die in your sleep," I replied.

Nico sat up, turned away from the window, and blinked rapidly while swaying from side to side, trying to adjust to the sudden brightness. He shot me a glare.

"I thought you were stuck in the infirmary."

"I got a little break," I shrugged. "Come have lunch with me."

Nico didn't hesitate.

"No."

That won him boyfriend of the year award.

He sprawled out on his bed and made the idiotic choice to ignore me.

"One last chance," I warned, "to get up yourself."

He didn't budge.

"Okay, Neeks, you win."

I grabbed his arm and yanked him off his bed. He hit the floor with a thud.

"Ow..." he muttered.

I held onto his arm and literally dragged my lazy boyfriend out into the sunshine. I let go of his arm and he buried his face into the grass.

"Nico, that's gross!" I shouted, pulling him up. He made no effort to stand, so I had to support his weight.

"I want to sleep," he mumbled.

"Too bad," I replied, and carried my sleepy boyfriend to the dining pavilion.

What the actual heck is this. I don't even know, just... no.

I apologize, I had to get something up because I've been trying to write Caleo and it hasn't been going very well. So enjoy this short and all over the place one-shot that I thought I planned but didn't. (also if you have any ideas for caleo one shots PLEASE tell me I'm desperate)

hahaha me hating on my own writing again

Anyways, the next one-shot I post will be something I'm proud of... hopefully... so stay tuned!