Chapter Three

Violet P.O.V

I'm not normal, I don't feel things like pain or sympathy, or sadness. I was taught to not feel anything, to not complain about the food, to speak when spoken to, that it's better to stay silent than to speak, that speaking without being spoken to can get you killed. I learned that the hard way, after years of beating and eating shitty food everything tasted the same, the pain was more like nothing to me, I can't define the difference between love and pain I also learned that the hard way.
Right now in the car with these men for the first time, I don't know what to feel, or what to think. I'm beyond speechless, this is a surprise I couldn't have ever imagined. These men were the reason for my lack of humanity, but they want me as their family how can I trust them to become my family what if they're just like her.
"Violet it's your turn," the oldest of the brothers said. I was supposed to speak but I didn't have anything to say, I never found the time to find hobbies or something I love, everything I ever wanted was to be free and I had finally run away but now I'm being locked up again.
"If you don't speak when you're spoken to you might get killed"

I wasn't afraid of getting killed but I couldn't die now I still need to find him.
"I'm Violet, I'm 17 and I really don't have any hobbies"
"Well you can say something you like," said one of the twins
"I like silence," I said almost too quickly but I was glad I said it, maybe they'll get the message that I want to be left in peace?
They didn't get it though.
"Other than silence what else do you like" asked the boy my age
"Nothing really I was too busy studying I never had the time to adopt hobbies or anything," I said lying smoothly.
"So do you like studying?" Asked the oldest one.
"Not really" I replied simply. I was never the one to study for too long my photographic memory was the best and worse trait of mine, for school, business, or anything like that I would read something once and I'd recall it like the scars on my back but it also has its flaws like my memories, they're so Crystal clear it's hard to forget even if I wanted to.
Once again we fell into an awkward silence, they seemed annoyed at my lack of response but it isn't really my fault I was taught the shorter the better. Be quick when giving information, don't talk for too long.

"Why are you so quiet, it's not in the family genes," said one of the twins trying to joke.
"I didn't exactly live with you so I don't know how I could've picked it up"
"Can I ask you a question?" Said the father of the boys.
"You're already asking"
"Oh right umm how's your mother?" He said unsure of how he sounded.
Pathetic he was still in love with the women who hurt his child.
"Dead for all I care," I say remembering what I had to go through because of her.
"Why would you say that?" asked the oldest one
"If I knew where my mother was I wouldn't exactly be living in an orphanage right?" I said getting angry at the audacity of these men.
"Why did you leave her?" Asked my twin brother
"I didn't leave her she left me" I spat at them not going into details on how exactly did she leave me. Thankfully they took the message to stay quiet and we sat for a few hours with complete silence