Family Issues

In the misty, almost suffocating air, the bulky man reappears, looking quite impatient.

"Nafeli hustle along, I need her ready!" he bickered.

He kept on tapping his foot against the floor, releasing out a loud splash. Before he began shouting again, Nafeli came out of the mist with the girl behind. All her bruises, and wounds were gone, but her scars were still present, mostly the large one around her cheek. Even though her injuries were all treated, she seemed and felt wrecked. Her eyes were barely open with bags beneath it. Her hair was still as messy and greasy since she got here.

"Finally," he hissed.

"Treat her well," Nafeli recommended.

"Like I'll listen to a siren for advice," he chuckled.

He grabs the girl by the arm, yanking her towards him.

"I'll be back," he mumbled.

Just like that, they sink into a vortex where they reappear in a more captivating place. The place was coated in gold and silver with figures that could grasp the stars, but the pillars stood higher than the statues themselves. However, it didn't seem the palace needed the pedestals in the first place. It already didn't have a rooftop, so why did it need it in the first place. Many say it's to hold the stars from falling onto the people of Mt. Olympics, but others say... otherwise. The man, again, begins to push the girl forward, seeming in a bigger rush than last time they parted ways.

"Move it!" he snapped.

The girl, like always, follows his instructions and moves forwards. The rest of the way through had quite similar structures to the start of the palace. Big statues surrounded by giant pillars, gold, and silver. We finally stopped in front of a massive gate with two guardians that toppled above the squabble man. Just like the man, they had the same lighting bolt on their helmet. They both looked quite proud to obtain the emblem by the little smirks they had on their faces. You could tell they were newcomers by that.

"Take those smirks off your faces and open the door!" he shouted.

For someone shorter than two enormous guards, he sure had a mouth, but the guards did as they were told. They quickly took off their smirks and opened the door.

The hall was a complete mess as a group of servants scrambled around the room with varieties of fabric, such as silk, satin, velvet, and rayon in stacks. They were all trying to dress similar people like the girl. It was her family, well her mother's side of the family. The family she never wanted nor asked for. A family that glared at her with distasteful eyes. They looked at her as a peasant beneath their feet when they were the same blood, but she couldn't care less anymore. You could say that she's used to it. To be stared at with sickening eyes that could send a chill down your bone.

Although out of all those stares, one felt like daggers sinking into your skin. A man had a long scar around his tired eye who wouldn't stop staring with his cold stare of disappointment. He had extraordinarily short hair that managed to become messy regularly. He had a scruffy beard and two dark brown eyes. He looks young but exhausted like he hasn't had any rest for at least a week.

The girl was harshly pushed forward near the man. Comparing the girl to the man seemed to be like a child next to her father, having the same rusty look.

"Alright, get her prepared as soon as possible," the bulky man hissed at one of the servants.

The supposed maiden, quickly nodded her head before exerting several measurements of the girl's body. It could make you dizzy just trying to keep up with every movement she made, but of course, nobody tried to. The bulky man let out a loud sigh before leaving out the ginormous doors.