s e v e n | friends

"aaaand that's a wrap!" you said, clicking the "turn in" button on the project. you smiled at tommy, proud of the work you two had done.

"we're really a great team, y/n." he said softly. with him, your butterflies never seemed to leave. you shifted slightly and pulled out your phone to check the time. 4:32 PM. damn, that project went by fast.

suddenly, your phone started buzzing.

emma would like to FaceTime

you glanced up at tommy, who looked back at you.

"what is it?" he asked, his accent heavily popping out. you giggled and cleared your throat.

"just a friend from america calling. one sec." you clicked the green button to accept the call and watched your two best friends, emma and lana, faces pop up on the screen. tears formed in your eyes. you missed them so much.

"heyyyy y/n!" emma yelled. lana waved rapidly, shoving what looked to be school lunch into her mouth.

"girl, how's the uk?" lana said after finishing her bite. you laughed.

"it's really good-" you were cut off by emma.

"any new friends?" she asked

"what about cute boys?" lana chimed in. you looked up at tommy and raised your eyebrows.

"well, actually i did make a new friend." you turned the phone to show tommy. he waved awkwardly and both the girls screamed.

"no way! you already have a boyfriend!" lana said excitedly. you shook your head but it was too late. both of the girls relentlessly teased you, making you turn red and cover your face with your hand.

"give the phone to the boy!" emma demanded. you passed your phone over to tommy, who nervously took it. "you better treat her right." emma said, lana humming in agreeance.

"we're actually not dating-" tommy started, quickly being cut off again.

"YOUR ACCENT OH MY GOD!" lana always had been a sucker for british accents. tommy let out a nervous laugh and you rolled your eyes, taking your phone back. you talked to them for a little longer, letting tommy get to know them as well.

"anyways y/n, it was really nice talking to you again but the bell is about to ring and we have to go to class. we miss you a lot and we're so happy you're having fun in the uk! please don't forget us!" emma said, right as the bell rang. you said your goodbyes and hung up the call, letting out a small sigh.

"well, that was fun." you said, turning back to face tommy. he nodded and smiled shyly. "what do you wanna do now?" you asked.

"well, i haven't streamed in a few days, so i should probably do that. if you want you can come and watch?" he suggested. you smiled and nodded your head. you both got up and walked next door, where tommy showed you up the stairs to his room. you walked in and looked around. though the window you could see your room.

tommy started his pc and began the stream. you quickly ducked out of the way of the camera and onto his bed. tommy looked at you and laughed, before beginning to read chat.

"what's up chat! i missed you guys." tommy's eyes scanned the screen, reading what his viewers were saying. "'who were you laughing at?' well, i have a friend over. that's who. anyway, today we're gonna be playing some minecraft on the good ol dream smp." tommy got into the game and you watched his character move around for a bit. every once in awhile he thanked people for donations and then continued his commentary.

"oh you guys want to meet her!" you heard him suddenly say. your eyes widened and he motioned for you to come into view. you waved your hands, signaling disagreeance, and he grabbed your wrist softly, pulling you into view. your face came in view of the camera and you looked at tommy, your face turning red.

"um, hi chat. i'm y/n, i go to school with tommy." you read the chat and saw many people typing all at once. you rolled your eyes, seeing "american!" and "woman!" more than once. "can i go now?" you whispered to tommy. he shook his head, standing up and sitting you down in his seat.

"you play for a little!" he said. you began slowly moving his character around the game. This went on peacefully for about 5 minutes before you noticed 3 chat notifications.

Dream joined the game.

GeorgeNotFound joined the game.

Sapnap joined the game.

----------

hi so this chapter is a little shorter than usual but i finally figured out what i was gonna do with the chapter so i'm satisfied with it. i was able to balance the "irl" with the "online" :) also have irl school today so i won't be as active and responding to comments! but thank you for all the support and i hope you enjoyed reading!

-kay <3