A Confession Interrupted

I look straight at her and our eyes lock. For a moment, I feel the words on the tip of my tongue. Then, as I look at her light eyes against her porcelain skin, the words just sort of slip out.

"Darling, the reason I broke up with Daring is actually because I... I think I'm..."

"Hello, Fables and Gentletales... Royals and Rebels of all kinds... Welcome to the True Hearts Day Dance!" CA says, now standing at the microphone that is at the back of the room. 

I sigh in defeat as I turn to the tall, winged girl. She says a couple of other things, but my mind is currently focused on how close I was to telling Raven that I love her. For a split second, my eyes drift over to her standing next to me. Her blonde hair falls gently over her shoulders. It seems so light and delicate against her fair skin. I take a moment to let my mind enjoy her presents, but it's ruined once she notices my stare. I play it off and quickly focus my eyes back to the back of the room where CA is still talking.

"In typically True Hearts Day fashion, we will be giving everyone a heart tree blossom to give to a person that they really care about... or maybe want to tell "I love you" to."

I couldn't tell if she was calling me out with that line or not, but before I had time to think, there was a petal in my hands. I'm about to turn to Darling when I realise she is already halfway across the room, handing her petal to Rosabella (which is no surprise to me). 

"This is it, this is my chance I have to do it..." I say to myself as I make my way back over to the light haired girl.