Meant to be?

"We were meant to meet but not meant to be together"

I read the line in the book I was currently reading at this hour of night. I think I took the wrong decision of reading it now. Reading has always been my favorite thing to do after overthinking. And here at this odd hour of night, when there's no voices around, sitting at the window pane, letting the breezes touch my soul brushing through my skin, having that one book I was trying to complete from the last two weeks.

This sentence "We were meant to meet, but weren't meant to be together" written in bold italic letters in double inverted commas marked the end of it.

I kept it aside and played the song "Maana ke hum yaar nahi" took a deep breath and sighed losing myself in the past.

Flashback

"Schools are so boring nowadays" my best friend complained while I was writing something in my notebook.

"You are supposed to study right now, we are having a test in the next period for which you haven't prepared yet." I said reminding her about the test which she completely forgot about.

"Whose period is next?" she asked me and I looked at her.

"Avni Ma'am" I stated.

"English? Chapter 7?" and I nodded "We had a test in tution yesterday of the same chapter and I prepared for it. You were absent yesterday okay?" And I looked at her with surprise. She prepared for a test? And that too in the tution. It was beyond my expectation. She was someone who would ask me to help her in cheating in class tests always and today she said she prepared for it already. I was surprised but okay, cause I know she can but she doesn't do things like these.

My thoughts came to an end when the bell rang and we went out for the morning assembly. After 30 minutes it got over and we were in the class but there was something, or I should say someone, else as well.

There was a boy sitting in the extreme corner in the 2nd row straight 5 benches away from mine. I looked at him. He was innocent, kinda looked innocent, I didn't know about his nature. He looked up at me and I lost myself in his dark brown eyes, they spoke a million things, I wasn't able to understand them at that moment. He looked down again and my friend shook me a bit and that's when I realised that it's been five minutes since I was standing there looking at that boy.

Present

That was the first Day I saw you. I did found you cute at the first glimpse I had of you but then....

Maana ke hum yaar nahin
Lo tay hai ke pyaar nahin (x2)

Phir bhi nazrein na tum milaana
Dil ka aitbaar nahi
Maana ke hum yaar nahi…

Flashback

I moved to my bench.

"He is cute" Diya, my best friend said nudging me. I looked at her with a weird look.

"You were staring at him" She said widening her eyes.

"Shut up" I mumbled and the teacher entered into the class.

She looked at him and went near him.