Let Go.

The sun stroked streaming through the blanket of leaves overhead counteracting the cold air that rustled  through the trees occasioning the music in the quite of the woods.

I fianlly broke out from the throng of the  living  green and kept trekking up. It was the early January and soon I've to start studying for my finals after which I wouldn't have an opportunity to see the view that I yern for now as I would be leaving with my Baba, since I had decided to join him in Kolkata. I hadn't told any of my friends yet incase they stormed in my home to stop my parents from taking me which wasn't their suggestion to begin with.

Reya was depressed, ofcourse, though I had plans for her, didn't acompany me which I started to regret soon. I should have pestered her here. This was getting slightly frustrating. Once in a while my foot would encounter loose stones and I would almost trip. Birds would emerge out of nowhere, erupting into gay twitterings and  scaring the hell out of me. And all of the sudden everything would be muted, that was when a shiver ran down my spine and amplifying all over again, repeating an eerie cycle. For a split of a second I kind of felt like that even the nature was mourning my decision.

The stony, tipsy terrain ended when I reached the fence. Miha had said, the orinator had ameliorated the sight-edge and I could see what she meant. The fence was lowered ensuing a clear veiw down the valley. There was even benches. I stood there as the cold air wisped past me, caught my hairs and spraying them over my face rustled away into the cluster of trees. I leaned over the fence, the city spread down there was like an ants land from the movies, a swarm of mirage. Crammed with the ripples of humanic activities, and I thought, what if I fell from here? How long would be I falling till I hit floor shattering in an unrecognizable form and how long till anyone finds me? I shuddered at the thought. Perks of being with Reya.

I took a long deep breath, the air was uncharacteristically clean and sweet, and closed my eyes, feeling the sensation of my solitude creased by the queer clamour.

"Hey."

I was to tip a little when I jerked back. "Mother...." I stopped when my eyes feel on Nicholas. He looked nervous. I gulped.

He tilted his head. "Were you about to swear?"

I gulped. "I swear."

"A lot."

"But I wasnt about to." I shook my head frantically and almost got a cramp. Damn! What the hell was he even doing here? "What are doing here?"

"Miha told me....." he began but I stopped him.

"Wait, Miha?" He nodded. I closed my eyes. "It was her plan." That girl set me up! I was full on war mood. Miha was as good as dead today.

"I want to talk." He said.

"But I don't want to. You have to go." I pushed past him towards the woods.

Nicholas grabed my hand jerking me to a stop. "Something happened. What is it tell me? Everything was good until suddenly you are not even talking to me."

"Beacause I don't want to." I was being awful but I couldn't  face  him right now. I was  not that brave.  I snatched my hands from his grip and started walking away forgeing as much as distance between us as it required but stubborn he, followed me into the woods.

"Wait." He called but I sped my pace. I heard him flighting his way through the throngs of trees and I realised I had, again, missed the right path.

I turned around and flunged back. Nicholas was literally on my face. "What the...."

"Just talk to me."

"Is it really important right now? We are lost."

"No we are not." He pointed behind him and I could see slight traces of the fence. Well, I wasn't as fast as I thought I was.