Wing it

Tragic backstories are overused, but the soul will still make sure that the body they were born in weren't in danger before they go to sleep.

Most tragic backstories™ happen during childhood, specifically ages infant to three years old, that was the range that the soul stay dormant. If nothing perilous happens to their new body, then they would happily stay asleep and enjoy living in the world from scratch.

The soul also became used to names. Different kind of names. Since they had lived countless of times already, they sometimes came across a body that had the same name as some protagonists, but thankfully isn't really that character and they were just living in a normal world.

That was when the soul, the infant, received the name Kagome, they didn't mind it that much. It might just be a similar name or the parents they had in this life were another pair of major anime fans that really loved Inuyasha enough to name their daughter after an anime character.

Yes, that was what the soul thought it would be, but when she reached the age of seven, certain sceneries began to look familiar. The emergency button of the soul had long been pressed, and it was blaring alarm sounds inside her mind. (There wasn't really an alarm sound, that was just the soul's way of entertainment, I guess)

Kagome was surname Higurashi. It was then that the soul had decided to wake up and further observe her surroundings. She had a bad feeling about everything.

"Grandpa, what is that?" Young Kagome pointed at the well inside a building, just close to their home.

Her grandfather was elated to have his granddaughter engage a conversation with him and enthusiastically answered the young girl.

"You see, that is the bone eater's well." The grandfather proceeded to further give explanations and trivias, but those information given after the name of the well were no longer registered in Kagome's mind.

Of all the worlds to be born in, it had to be one where he didn't know much about everything. The soul only knew the general plot and a few characters here and there in the world of Inuyasha. Heck, it had been years since Qui had watched the show. The story had long been forgotten.

There might be the butterfly effect, but sometimes the plot was strong enough to force the world to continue its story. There is a chance that Kagome(the soul) will be forced to do the plot no matter how much she avoids it.

After that short revelation, Kagome had made a decision. As long as she doesn't reveal any supernatural abilities then she wouldn't be ejected by the world. Being removed forcefully was a very painful thing. The only thing that the soul was sure of using without any drawbacks was their super strength. As for spiritual powers, she wasn't sure if it was alright to use in the modern era.

For her Plan™, she will make sure to not fall down the well on her 15th birthday. If she remembers correctly, school was still ongoing when Kagome(original) was pulled down by the centipede lady. She plans on waiting till summer vacation.

That was why Kagome has to gain the trust of her family members. She has to convince them that she was fully capable of taking care of herself, so that when that summer comes around, she can commence her Plan™ of persuading(lying) her relatives that she has some summer activity or camp for a very convincing club.

She might have the choice to not follow the plot but well...

The soul was somewhat interested in gaining a dog that would sit immediately if commanded.