How it Began

Marinette gave a deep sigh, staring at herself in the mirror.

She never thought it would turn out like this. She adjusted her white veil, with the tiny embroidered ladybugs for luck. She closed her eyes, reminiscing on how they met.

"Maribug, you need a break."

"Chlo, I can't. The akumas are getting worse. Paris needs ladybug."

"No, ladybug needs a month long mental health vacation. Stoppering emotions doesn't last that long, you need release."

"Fine."

"We are here." Chloe squealed, throwing her arms around a more relaxed Marinette.

Marinette rolled her eyes. " Fine, you were right Queenie."

"Darling, I am always right."

Marinette rolled her eyes at her over dramatic best friend. It was weird, a year ago, if someone described this situation, she would have laughed and laughed. Her bully since 1st grade is her bestie? But no one could have predicted the bull shit storm named Lila.

They were greeted in the airport by Chloe's butler, who had moved after "Despair Bear" to get married. Chloe tackled him into a hug, then dragged Marinette to do the same.

Meanwhile a dark haired man in a business suit got tackled by 3 boys, 1 girl, with another boy and girl rolling their eyes but gladly walking forward and joining the tangle of limbs. Alfred walked over to Jean-Claude and greeted him politely. While Chloe gushed and Marinette started sketching designs as fast as her wrist could move.

She backed up directly into a person. She glanced up an apology already stuttering out. "I'm so sorry Monsieur, I'm terribly clumsy." His eyes were a striking jade. Standing out against her olive skin tone and tousled black hair.

"It's alright, it was an accident." He replied slightly stiffly. Assessing the bluenette for a threat. Seeing none he relaxed slightly. 

Then butlers split and escorted their charges to the separate car, both Marinette and Damien getting quickly separated in the shuffle, neither expecting to meet again. 

She smiled at the mirror again. Thank goodness they did. Multiple times in fact.