Chapter 6 - Let the Show Begin

Carmen's life in these past few months were hectic.
Hectic was an understatement. Now she stands with The Instructor Shadowsan, the actual person who found her as a baby. Her soft spot for Coach Brunt was broken after the Chase Devineaux mission when it was mentioned she was dead to her when she left. The harsh words broke Carmen's heart quietly, but it was rational after betraying them.

Carmen has been constantly in action against V.I.L.E trying to ruin the world for their own gain with no break.

But, she notices the often rings of notifications from Gray amidst the chaos. She couldn't bring herself to talk to him again after ruining the vacation they planned. She just left him there, without looking back.

Behind all the excitement and thrills of hanging with Gray, there's a small part of her that knew she was risking his safety. He got away from all the villain-y action, if V.I.L.E sees him with her-
She won't know how V.I.L.E may act. They have too many tricks up their sleeves.
Moreover, this 'heroic' organisation, A.C.M.E is chasing after her as well thinking she's part of V.I.L.E.

Carmen has too many enemies and doesn't want Gray to get involved or get hurt.
So, she distances herself away from him so that her enemies' attention will not divert to him.

Look at V.I.L.E did to Chase, thinking he was her partner. If it that ever happened to Gray, she would break down.

She lives a dangerous life and her friend can't be hurt because of her. Gray's memory is wiped out by Dr. Bellum because of his failure to capture me.

Blame. The blame was on all her, it was all her fault.

She distracts herself from the spiralling thoughts by foiling V.I.L.E's plans. The constant action with her body wore her out, so that she had no energy or time to think about him.

Guilt. It still overcomes her.
•••

After encountering Neal the Eel in Moscow, Player learnt that he stole schematics of "The Trip Wire" EMP weapon, which Dr. Bellum will likely improve upon and cause danger to citizens while they scheme their way in easily.

Their next location to prevent V.I.L.E of having this power, Shadowsan deduces it will be in Dr. Bellum's lab in New Zealand.

Player then mentions they needed a skilled electrician.

Of course. She had to face him again once more, she couldn't run away for him forever just to protect him. She tries convincing the crew that she couldn't let Gray in, but Player reassures her that he'll be far away from the action and safe. She couldn't help, but agree to asking Gray to aid her in her mission.

They just need to put on a show.
•••
Palms sweaty. Heartbeat pounding. She holds out her phone, looking into the chat with her and Gray.

14 unread messages.
Hey, I don't mind the abrupt leave. You couldn't help it. So anytime soon maybe?
You still sorting out the emergency?
It's been long, Carmen. Are you doing okay?
...

The messages left by Gray almost brought a tear to Carmen's eyes.
She still cared deeply for her friend although all the mishaps they have because of V.I.L.E.
They were manipulated by their teachings.

She took a deep breath before typing in the words.
'Sorry, hectic schedule. Are you able to meet up at the same cafe soon?'

Ding!
A notification alerted from Gray's phone. He reluctantly looked at his phone, thinking it was for his job but, surprisingly no. The name that appeared made him widen his eyes.
It was Carmen.

He had mixed feelings though. He was slightly angry that it took this long after just leaving him abruptly, but also relieved and happy that she just replied.