Chapter 6

(Unedited)

An update coming late, I'm sorry❤️🤗

Your comments keeps me going☺️❤️

Nigeria, Kaduna State.
11th November, 2018.

She smiled and wrapped her hands around her, she could feel the cool evening breeze seeping into her skin. "Thank you Tariq."

"You're welcome." He replied nonchalantly and picked up his watering can.

She's glad, he came to her rescue. Him threatening Uthman did the magic and she couldn't be more thankful.

Quietly, she sat down on the bench and stared at her nails. She wondered how henna would look on them.

"You're here!" Ya Ahmad exclaimed, "Mama has been looking for you."

She nodded and stared at his retreating back, he was dressed in grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt. She didn't move an inch, not knowing why she also stayed there, she just sat, using her fingers to drum on the bench and took notice of how Tariq was working, professionally.

She averted her gaze to the little paper that slipped out of Tariq's pocket. Immediately, he moved away to greet Baba that was coming from that room.

Picking up the paper, she gawked at it. It wasn't just a paper, it was a passport.

"Tariq." She called out to him, Baba turned before him, giving her a questioning look. "What're you doing here? Get into the house." And she did, clutching the passport tightly.

Ambulating into the house, she peered at Mama and her sister, Aunty Safiya. Mama was looking elegant in a burgundy lace whilst her sister was dressed into a dark teal voile. She decided to walk away without interrupting them.

"You! Daughter of a witch." And that struck, she turned to face them with her eyes doused in pain. "Yes Mama?" She answered unwillingly.

Aunty Safiya glared at her "Look at her, A witch." She softly smiled, "just like her mother." Mama said in her egoistic tone. She didn't respond, not that she planned on responding.

"Get out, bakar banza." And when Mama said that, she almost laugh out loud but held it in. Black is beautiful, she thought.

She turned around and smiled ruefully, right into the kitchen she picked out a plate and a spoon. She's done starving in this house.

"Look who we have here." She heard the annoying tone of Fatima, if this girl is not the most annoying being on earth, who will be? Perhaps her clingy brother, Uthman.

She ignored her, opening the food warmer. Fatima interrupted her. "Witch."

"Will you keep that your annoying mouth shut?"

Fatima threw her head back and laughed. "And why should i do that? Daughter of a witch." And the next thing Fatima felt was the spoon Zulekha was holding mercilessly spanked on her head. Fatima let out a wail and Zulekha smiled triumphantly, that serves her right, Spoilt brat.

She knew what was coming next, and she had braced herself, she ran up the stairs to her room. Successfully locking the door, she fanned herself dramatically. "Woah Zulekha, you did a great job down there."

She knew if she had stayed downstairs, she would've received the beating of her life today from Mama and her team.

"Unlock this door, you witch." Mama banged the door and she didn't bulged from her lying position, instead she adjusted herself and stared at her old books that were arranged neatly on her bedside drawer.

She pulled out her economics notebook, where she had scribbled her classmates names, she hadn't gotten in contact with anyone of them since when they graduated, two years ago.

She wiped away a single tear and focused on the passport. With a surprise look, she turned it around and read out the two letters that were scribbled on it, AT.

"Zulekha, unlock the door." She heard Baba's gentle tone. She slid the passport in her bedside drawer and stood up to open the door.

"Who do you think you are? Zulekha!" Mama asked angrily.

"Amina!" Baba called mama's name sternly. "Let her be." He moved forward to where Zulekha was standing with her eyes downcast.

"Why did you do that, umm Zulekha?" Baba held her hands and she could swear that was the first time Baba showed concern on her.

"She called me a witch, daughter of a witch."

"Isn't that what you are? A witch! Daughter of a witch!" Mama bellowed and Baba shook his head.

Few minutes later, After Baba had made Fatima and Zulekha apologized to each other, Zulekha picked out the passport again. walking up to her bed, she slumped on it and continued surveying it.

Without thinking twice, she ambulated downstairs. Using the kitchen back door she exited the house to the garden.

She met him perched on the bench, looking up at the sky, she sat beside him. "You're here."

Still looking up at the sky, he said. "I like to stare at the night sky as the stars twinkle left and right."

She nodded and passed the passport to him. "Here, you dropped this earlier."

Surprisingly, He collected it and stared at it. "Thank you."

"She's cute." She muttered and he traced his fingers on the passport. The cute little girl staring back at him looked so beautiful yet so innocent. His exact replica.

"Who is she?" She asked, and Tariq's hand casually went up to his sideburns and he scratched it.

"She's my....." She could dictate the calculative look in his eyes. "Sister, she's my sister." He responded and she nodded.

***

Assalamu Alaikum beautiful people❤️how are we all doing? Great in shaa Allah.

How's the chapter? Love it?

Do you know my fav part in this chapter? 😂where a spoon was mercilessly spanked on Fatima's headddd😂😂😂likeeee I enjoyed writing that part😂😌

Vote, comment, share and follow please🥺❤️🙏🏻Your girl here appreciates you alot❤️

👑Hajjo.Baraah🌹
S.O.L.D.I.E.R💫