Chapter Four - A Boy Again

Harry was all but kicking himself after his little performance before and after the advertisement meeting. How could he be so foolish! He had every intention of walking in, and surprising the Crabtree women with his knowledge , planning and charm. Not to come off as some cocky, entailed creep.. So much for that. He hoped that he redeemed himself during the meeting but wasn't sure.

      About two weeks ago , Harry found out that he would be taking over any advertisement contracts that they had as well as leading the changes in the marketing their health line of products. He was shocked! He had been working for their family company since he was eighteen - first as an intern and then joining the staff full time after collage- but even so he wasn't sure he was ready for this much responsibility.

     He had thrown himself into learning about all the previous campaigns and all the numbers, targeted demographics , sales linked to advertisement,ect. He was passionate about their line of vitamins , training programs and health aids, and he had spent a lot of time learning the ins and outs over the past fours years. He slept, eat and drank numbers, and charts , hoping to impress not only his father and his team but hopefully Anna. No, impress the TEAM at C &T Smithfield.

     Yup, his father let the fact that Anna would be attending the meeting slip out with a sly smile. He had always known his son's feelings for the younger Crabtree sister, and had found ways to tease Harry about it. Not in a malicious way but good naturedly  - Desmond knew his son would never try anything untoward while he was a teenager and what was a little crush! Anna was an amazing girl - if his son crushed on anyone at least it was a fine woman like her. He quite approved of her and there might even be a part of him that would like to see his son become romantically attached to her.

   Harry wondered what his father would have reconsidered the promotion if he had witnessed what he said to Anna. The elder Styles would not have been impressed! Well, maybe a little during the meeting but not the start or ending. Which is why , as Harry drove over to Clancy's, he gave himself a good talking too! He should have asked both sisters to lunch, that would have been the professional thing to do. He shouldn't have teased Anna about falling for him....

    " Seriously, what is wrong with you Styles!? She probably thinks you're a complete wanker! " At this point Harry hit the steering wheel! " Wanted to impress her and show her how well I've grown up... she's got to think I'm a boy still and what if because of that, I'm someone she doesn't want around.... "

      Then, Harry remember the way she looked at him. She had the most expressive eyes - he could read everything going on in her head it seemed. He saw her shock and annoyance when Eliza had told her that Desmond sent him instead, the pride she had in her work and when she approved of his suggestions. Harry also noticed that her eyes and face had a softness when she stared at him. When he held her in his arms for a brief moment , she looked as if only the two of them mattered.

     Was he crazy? Harry knew that he was attractive but he never thought Anna would look at him that way. The way she felt in his arms, how she smelled and the look in her eyes... like she had been waiting for him this whole time. Like her heart might be calling out to his. He had to be crazy, they didn't really know each other anymore, in fact they didn't even truly know each other ten years ago due to their age difference!

     " Snap out of it!" He yelled at himself," This is in your head! Your going to lunch with a college - THIS IS NOT A DATE!" All though, Eliza seemed very keen on them going out together - she practically gave Harry a heart attack in her excitement. All but threw Anna at him, not that he would have minded holding her again.

    Was there hope? Could two people have such an instant attraction that the past didn't matter? Was it such a bad idea for them to spend time together and get to know each other again? If nothing happened , was any harm really done?

   Harry didn't know if Anna was serious about anyone. He had stopped asking about her his junior year of collage- that was when he started dating Meg. He wanted once and for all to give up on all the feelings he had for Anna , and for a while it worked.  Meg... he really did not want to start thinking about her. He didn't need that failure to to up residence in his head while battling his frustrations about this morning.  Now, he felt as if he was sixteen again and heading to her birthday party. Except now he had a chance to have her all to himself. Ok, so apparently there might just be some feelings left.

     He came to a stop and parked across from Clancy's and took a deep breath. He gathered himself and his thoughts. He would stop teasing her, would behave as if this was nothing more than a casual lunch between old family friends. The attraction he had for her could  be due to the feelings from childhood and would pass once they spent time over lunch. And if it wasn't, at least he would like for her to get to know the man he had become, not the silly boy he played at this morning.

   He got out of his car about five minutes later, put on his sunglasses and walked across the street. As he entered the restaurant , he missed Anna in her little blue Toyota- staring at him. Eyes wide, face flushed -

Sorry I took so long uploading this chapter. Needed to fix somethings and then life happened!  

I can't believe how many people have read this story so far and several of you have added it to your public libraries! Thank you!!! I really hope you stick around till the end! I am so encouraged to continue on! Love you all!! Please comment ( I love hearing from you all) , vote and share!

TPWK