Terms of Freedom

Cassie P.O.V
A quick plane ride got us to England. It was another military base & they gave us time to freshen up. I quickly changed into autumn clothes. I missed the cold weather a lot. Bri & Dom complained about it. I teased them mercilessly for whinging. They gave some comebacks but I knew I'd get my comeuppance soon. The last touch was my grey trench coat & I was ready to leave.

 The last touch was my grey trench coat & I was ready to leave

(https://www.belletag.com/media/2018/11/woman-wearing-dress-and-thigh-high-boots-26.jpg)

We got into a sleek government Mercedes & drove for London. The boys were gawking at the city sights. Despite the circumstances, this was as close to a vacation as they were gonna get. They used me as their travel guide which didn't bother me. But, we didn't travel far into the city. We went a couple blocks from the eye, heading close to the Borough tube station. We stopped at a plain high-rise office building & were led in.

When the lift opened to the top floor, it looked like a spy headquarters. We were the only ones here & waited for the rest of the team. Dom did a quick walk around but settled for looking out the window. I tried to go talk to him but Brian caught my arm. He gave me that look & I backed off. Dom was dealing with a whirlwind of emotions right now. He was ready to snap from the guilt. I had to let him cool off & come when he was ready to talk. I had to treat him like he did with me in Rio.

We didn't have to wait long for the others to come in. Han & Giselle were first. Bri & I greeted them as we bear hugged each other. I forgot how much I missed them. They noticed Dom sulking & left him be. Han watched the 3 of us ogle the guns like kids in a sweet shop.

"Thank God! Finally, some equipment I can work with. Way better than that trash in Rio." Tej celebrated while Rome greeted Han

"Way better." Giselle agreed as she slid a grenade launcher

"So, anybody heard from Leo or Santos?" Brian asked

"Last time anyone saw them, they were hitting up the casinos in Monte Carlo." Han replied

"I thought that was our last job Brian? Who's paying for all this equipment? Taxpayers. So now we work for the Incredible Hulk? That's what we're doing?" Rome joked as Hobbs & his assistant turned the corner. We were stifling our laughs as we let him rant.

"Why do I smell baby oil?" He asked as they got behind him

"Keep running your pie hole, you're gonna smell an ass whooping." Hobbs warned as Rome got sized up

"All right Hobbs, you got the best crew in the world standing right in front of you. Give them a reason to stay." Dom said to kick off the meeting

"Our target is Owen Shaw. Former major in the SAS spec ops, soldier." Hobbs revealed as he threw Owen's picture on the table. We all fell in for a closer look at the files. But, I hid the dreadful pit in my stomach at the news.