27

Chapter 27 ~ T'acent

-•-

Silence fell over the great hall. Students and staff sit squished into the wooden seats, facing the front. Some of the Professors were standing, looking mournfully at the pale faces. The sound of breathing and the occasional cough could be heard. Emily and Draco sat beside Harper. Blaise, Flynn, and Daphne accompany the other side of the table. The Great Hall no longer adorned its usual banners and light, instead, the wooden ceiling was shown, light peeking in through the large windows. Finally, Dumbledore spoke.

"Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard-working, infinitely fair-minded, and most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend." Dumbledore stood. Sniffles admitted from Emily ever so softly before he continued, "I think, therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died." Harper took a quick look at her friends, "You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered," she looked at her friends once again, all sharing the same emotionless state except Emily. 'Stupid Slytherins' she thought, although a hand snuck into hers at Dumbledore's comment, "By Lord Voldemort!" Draco took her hand underneath the table, squeezing it. "The Ministry of Magic does not wish for me to tell you this, but not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory!"

Dumbledore's eyes soften, "Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss, reminds me, reminds us, that why we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever, remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that!" A tear rolled down Harper's cheek. Emily rested her head on Harper's shoulder trying to keep her swollen eyes away from pestering eyes. Harper mirrored her actions tilting her head. "And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true, right to the very end."

~~~

Harper watched as her friends packed away their stuff for the summer holidays. Patiently waiting, things whizzed around the room, ties, socks, and bundles of things flew into the two girl's trunks. Harper sat with Binx, petting him softly, watching them pack in a hurry.

"This is why you should've packed yesterday," Harper said, watching with an amused face. Daphne looked at her with an annoyed expression, Emily paid the girl no mind hastily stuffing her bag. Harper swiftly got up not wanting Daphne to start packing her into her bag.

"I'll be right back," Harper said, grabbing the bundle of clothes that lay on her bed.

She made her way to the boy's dorms, making her way hearing screaming as each step brought her closer. "I don't have your fucking scarf, Malfoy," Flynn said, as he opened the door, coming face to face with Harper.

Flynn looked down and saw Harper holding two jumpers out for him, "Here," she said.

He grabbed the items and continued down the hall, his footsteps being heard until he made his way to the common area.

"Fucking arse, he is," Draco could be heard saying as she made her way into the doorway.

"Language," Harper said softly, as she made her way further into the dormitory. Blaise gave her a soft smile at her appearance.

The dorm looked similar to the girl's although Draco was in a frenzy still looking for lost clothing, his trunk lay neatly packed on his bed. "Unless you're here to help find my jumpers, leave," Draco said pointing to the door.

"Ouch," she said, faying hurt, as she made her way to Blaise. "Here you go," she dumped a pile of clothes onto the boy's bed. Blaise only shook his head, as he began to fold the clothing and put them in his trunk.