Chapter 11

We made it back to our seats and we were met with a worried Viktor.

"Thank god you two are safe. I thought something might have happened."

"Other than Yakov and the conductor coming into the baggage cart, everything was fine." I said

"Wait, Yakov was in the cart with you guys?" Viktor asked

"Yes," Leonid said, "but they were mostly by the door. The conductor was just convincing him that no one was hiding in there."

"Good," Viktor said, "I'm glad you two are safe. Let's all sit down now. The train should start moving any minute now."

We did as said and made a bit of small talk, when we felt the train finally start to move.

"Finally. Feels like we've been in this one place forever." Leonid said.

"We should be in Crimea in a few days. Then we'll get anya to her aunt Olga and live happily ever after," Viktor said, "do you know where she is staying?"

"Yes. She told me in her last letter. We didn't say much though. In case it got convisicated."

"Good. You'll lead the way once we're there then."

The conversation was quiet from then on. A few minutes passed when a server came by.

"Hello sir's and Madame, the conductor wanted me to tell the passengers that the train won't be going any further than Nizhny Novgorod*, Yurovskys rules."

Viktor nodded and said, "Thank you for the notice."

The server simply nodded and went to tell the same thing to any other passengers.

"Well, what are we supposed to do now? Nizhny Novgorod is 1,697.8 km away from where we need to go." Leonid asked.

"We'll figure out our way of transportation once we get there. For now, let's not worry about it." Viktor said.

The rest of the ride was quiet and the day soon came to an end, and we slowly drifted off to sleep.

Nizhny Novgorod - a large city on the Volga River in western Russia. It's known for its 16th-century Kremlin, ringed by 13 fortified towers, including the Dmitrovskaya Tower. Within the Kremlin's walls is the green-spired Cathedral of the Archangel Michael, rebuilt in the 17th century. Nizhny Novgorod State Art Museum, housed in a grand building, exhibits Russian and European paintings and a collection of icons.