Flicker of the Flame Prologue (On Hold)

Read the bottom! IMPORTANT FOR THE STORY DETAILS. **

Flicker of The Flame.

Prologue..I guess?

"So if the value of y is equal to x, the value would be a third of the value of z, which makes z what, and what would it do?"

I ran my hands through my hair, wanting to rip it out at the roots. What was the point of this? I wanted to be a photographer, not some sort of scientist!

Math is so pointless. I mean, honestly.

"Uhm....something....and...you know.....stuff?" I answered stupidly, already having been completely lost a long time ago.

That seemed to be the last straw of Mr. Barnes' patience, as he snapped and pretty much yelled in my face. "Ugh! I'm sorry, but I can't do this anymore Allienn!** You're going to have to find a different tutor!" I had flinched away from him considering the double in volume. Mr. Barnes was a nice guy, but he could be a scary bastard when he wanted to be.

When he saw me flinch away, his expression had automatically softened, and he lowered his voice. He sighed. "I'm sorry, but you're either going to have to find another tutor, have me assign you a student tutor, or fail the ninth grade because of your lack of credits."

Wonderful. Just fucking majestic.

I sighed and asked, "Who will you assign to me?"

He pulled out his grade book and began searching through the names, and when he found one he seemed to like, a few minutes had already passed. The clock read, 2:20. Five minutes until the final bell. I had to get out of the hallway this room was in before that because one, highschoolers aren't supposed to be around the junior high students, let alone be in the same hall as them, and two, there was a certain person I didn't want to see. 

"Aaron Sanders." He said.

Oh no. No way. Not going to happen.

"Umm...is it possible that there's anyone else you could pair me up with?" I requested, having a feeling the answer was......

"No. It's all or nothing, Miss Nyght."

I sighed. "I thought as much....I'll go with him then, Steve. I-I mean Mr. Barnes." I quickly corrected. He raised an eyebrow at the fact that I knew his first name but said nothing."Alright. I'll talk to him and tell you tomorrow. That's all for today. You can leave and you know, do whatever you do."

I nodded, and proceeded to quickly grab my bag, steal a look at the clock (2:23) and rush to get out of the seventh grade hallway (Eighth grade is directly above, and highschool wing is on the other side of the building entirely.) before the bell rang in two minutes. I'd be screwed if I ran into Dominik. He was my age, he just ended up having to stay back a year on top of having to wait an extra year to start school because of his birthdate. Let's just say he (even though he is hot) is a player and a cocky douchebag, that hasn't been able to get it through his head that we we're over. And have been for almost a month and two weeks.  The bell rang a minute early, and I didn't make it out of the hallway in time before seventh graders started filling it.

"Enn!" I heard him call up the hallway, drawing the attention of a few, as he came out of Ms. Herrmann's Math Class**. I dodged a bunch of seventh graders when someone grabbed my hand and helped me get out of that hallway. "Aaron?" I questioned. He turned his head, shook his blonde hair out of his face, and smiled saying, "Come on! He's gonna catch up!"

That was the day my life began to go to  hell.

 ~~~~~~~~

Okay. So, for those of you who read this, I'm basing this on the Ware Junior Senior Highschool Layout. I really don't know much of the highschool wing, except the very beginning part of that amazingly huge hallway considering my Computer Class is over there. I also don't know much of the downstairs floor (except the hall that my four main classes and locker is in) and over by the gym and the weightroom and stuff. I figured since I go there, I could be much less vague and less lazy with the details. I'll also be basing the story in my current town too, so if you guys want a better visual you can look up Ware Massachuesetts and the street on Google Maps. Yeah. Good idea, amirite?

Okay, so the Junior High (7-8) have their own entrance, staircase, side of the caf., all that jazz. The seventh graders are all in one hallway, at the bottom of the staircase, and the eighth graders are upstairs, straight ahead, past the cafeteria directly from the entrance. The highschoolers have their own side of the school, and I don't know anything except what I told you, so I'll be guessing at that. I'll try and also draw a visual if you guys want.

**Allienn (Al-ee-n) Yeah.

** My math teacher. Whatabitch. XD.

By the way, I'm probably going to have people gouging my eyes out for all this excess author note writing. Sorry. It's just this chapter, yo.  And for something that's going to happen later on in the story. Sigh.

Love you all. xxNatt