1. Friends With Benefits.

Chapter 1

" Pete, you good? " I ask and he nods. He was my only bestest friend, apart from Ned and MJ who were my best friends but Peter kinda comes in superlative degree of best.

We met at the start of middle school and we clicked through the Star Wars obsession. I really liked spending my time with him. He was sweet, kind, caring and gentle. But lately, he's been secretive, which kept me worried.

One, he wasn't telling me what's happening and two, he showed up with random bruises and wounds. Once again, I saw this purple bruise on his neck, showing a little from his shirt collar. He was definitely trying to cover it up.

" Pete, what's this? " I ask, my hand instantly flying towards his flannel that I pushed out of my way, examining the bruise. His hand instantly flew up, wrapping around my wrist, sending chills run down my spine.

Yeah, there was only one problem with me. I was very very turned on even with the simplest form of touch with him. I figured it was a part of growing up, my stupid hormones changing and all but I really hated it because it was Peter. No one else but Peter.

I still cursed myself for that someone being Peter. He was my best friend and I didn't have any romantic feelings towards him, but the way he touched me had another spark in it. It felt like something else, something so strange but blissful.

I longed for it desperately, yet, I hated myself for thinking about it. I looked at him wierdly, as he slowly dropped his hand to his side, loosening his grip on mine, causing me to retreat my hand back to myself.

"Uh... I hit a shelve. " He says slamming the locker shut. I nodded, not buying it at all but I was too fazed by the lingering touch on my hand to process an answer. I took out my books and turned to him.

" I'll see you at lunch. " I mumbled and he nodded, smiling softly.

I took a few slow steps and started walking faster. I was glad he wasn't in all of my class, only lab, because I'd stare at him instead of concentrating on the class but I also hated it because all I had to do was look at teachers speak with their bored tone.

Slowly but surely, lunch came by and much to my dismay and pleasure, I had to sit beside Peter because Ned and MJ were already sitting beside each other.

I slid beside him but not too close because I didn't want anyone to be suspicious on me for how my body reacts against Peter.

" What did I miss? " I ask, pulling my tray closer and taking bite from my sandwich. I was five minutes late due to the rush in front of my class, Flash and some other jock fighting over something whatsoever.

" Oh, nothing. We're just talking about how hot Zayn looks. " MJ said bluntly and I choked on my Sandwich, looking at her in disbelief.

Because MJ was never the one to talk about boys, let alone saying it out aloud bluntly. Even Ned had his eyes out of socket while Peter was busy looking at me with worried eyes.

I nodded at him assuring I was fine and turned around, looking at Zayn, the most famous and I won't deny hot guy in the school. Apart from Peter of course, because believe it or not, I've seen him shirtless before.

Don't ask me how. Alright fine! If you want to know. I had stayed over for a movie night and when he was changing, I might've stole a few glances at his toned abs and muscles.

" Uh... Yeah. He sure is. " I mumbled, turning around.

" I don't believe it! Y/n's not swooning over her crush. " Ned says surprised. You heard him right. I've said everyone I have a crush on Zayn because that's easy to get them off a certain topic. But he was all good. Like total boyfriend material.