Chapter Nine: A Nasty Separation

Mal could see everything from above, she could see Uma's teal blue hair swinging around her as she slashed the vampire closest to her. Mal could hear her scream as she lunged with a sliver dagger across his face. He growled back at her and lunged forward, his arms were streched outward as he leaped for her. His entire body moved faster than the human eye could catch Uma didn't see him coming as his entire body smashed into hers and they flew backward into a glass window of an abandoned building in the alley

Mal tried to hold in her rage and remember what her sire, Laverna, taught her about being attacked by more than one vampire. It was about more about how they attacked you, Mal watched and it didn't take her long to realize that these men were trying to tire Uma out. They wanted her winded, maybe unconscious, but they were not trying to kill her.

Something was going on here that Uma and Mal alike didn't know about.

Mal thought back, she had gotten a note from Audrey about how she had found a new 'toy' to play with. How it wasn't fair to Audrey, Audrey had told her the last time she saw her over two hundred years ago that she would take away any happiness Mal ever found again, but this wasn't a play on killing Uma, if all six men had been on top of her, pulling her limb from limb then yes, but this was different.

What was the plan?

Uma came out of the glass window, her blood - oh no - her blood, if they taste her blood... she's dead for sure. Her blood was dripping from scratches on her face in her arms was the man's now corpse. She had killed him.

"Laverna, please forgive me." Mal whispers and closes her eyes, she's about to go against everything her beloved sire ever taught her. Mal flew down faster than she ever did before landing hard on her feet, a few steps away from Uma, and breaking the cement below her. "Hey boys, you know I can't have my girl fight along don't you? And I bring out the big guns." All of Mal's flames turn the brightest shade of blue and heat blooms around her.

"Hi Maleficent," Uma says, she coughs "glad to see you,"

"I apologize for taking so long," she says and turns for just a glance to smile at her and then back to Uma's attackers "what the hell do you think you're doing?"

Another man walks towards the two as Uma throws the corpse at the men. "Sorry about your friend," she sneers and Mal can't help the laugh she lets out.

"Now, now," The new guy says with dark curly hair and even darker eyes "There's no need for such confrontation,"

"I know this man is playing," Uma says deadpan she walks to Mal daggers still in hand and gets back into her fighters stance. Mal scoffs and crosses her arms, this man was making a spectacle.

"You see," he says "We're just the distraction." he grins and lunges

He's faster than Mal expects him to be because suddenly he's on her punching her on her side and Mal is just confused. She sets him on fire immediately simply by pointing her finger at his chest, flames danced off her finger and into his skin. "Do you guys not know who I am? Or?"

Their backup doesn't looked surprised or confused as Mal throws her hands towards them and begins to burn them from their feet up.

"Who sent you?" But she knows the answer, she just doesn't know why she brought such crappy attackers.

The men scream jumping up from their feet or bending down to stomp at flames.

"I'm confused," Uma says standing right next to Mal as she watches the attackers go up in flames. "The only one with a lick of power is the one I already killed. Just kill these guys so we can go home."