Chapter 2: Drag on

After 1st period, I was kinda off. The rushing and rough start to my day threw off my rhythm. As usual, Jace and I walked together to our second periods. His was closer than mine so I dropped him off first. After we said goodbye, a girl looked me up and down and smirked, "I knew it." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "What are you talking about?" She scoffed, "You and Jace are together." I laughed, "No way, he's my best friend." She rolled her eyes, "Don't lie to me, you're even wearing his shirt." Again, I laughed, "That means nothing, I gotta go ill be late." Then I rushed off leaving the girl staring at me as a walked away. 

See, this happens all the time. Random girls that like Jace always come up to me to find little hints that we are together. And if it was true it's not because they would be happy for me, but jealous. It was no secret that he had many admirers. But I always brushed it off because it wasn't true. Jace has a girlfriend that goes to another school and I have had a crush on the same guy for 2 years, Devin Delarosa. Nothing will ever change between me or my best friend. 

Or so I thought...

It all started to fall into place. But neither of us knew. During lunch, I looked around for Jace as usual but i couldn't find him. I called him over and over to no avail. Then one of his friends from football, Gerdon, came up to me. I greeted him then asked, "Have you seen Jace? He hasn't showed up yet." He sighed, "Yea, he's in the locker room. Someone sent him a snap of his girlfriend kissing another guy. He's heartbroken, man." I became alerted, "Can u take me to him please?" He smiled, "Sure, let's go."

As we walked into the locker room, I spotted Jace. He was punching his locker with full force. I ran up to him and grabbed his fists, "Stop it! You're gonna break your knuckles! She isn't worth hurting yourself, please!" He stopped and started shaking and crying, he never really cries so it hurt me to see him like that. I hugged him and he hugged back tightly. Gerdon left us and let us be. I let go of him and led him to sit on the bench. 

I sat next to him and and wiped his tears and hugged him. I laid my head on his shoulder and he laid his head on top. He sniffled, "I really loved her. It was gonna be a year and a half in a week. What did I do to make her cheat? I've always tried to be good to her." Jace was the sweetest guy when he wanted to be. He treated his girlfriend like a princess. He did everything for her. He just wanted to make her happy. I got up and knelt down in front of him and lifted his chin so he could look into my eyes, "Hey, it's ok. You did nothing wrong, ok? She cheated on you because she didn't realize she had the sweetest boyfriend in the world. She isn't worth the tears, she proved that." We got up and hugged again. Then we headed to lunch to try and lighten the mood.