#13 Knock On

Knock On

1:05 ───|────── 2:53

|◁ II ▷|

"Just one day, Jennie

"Just one day, Jennie. I'll let you see that I'm worth it for you. After that, you can choose and think. Whatever your decision will be, I'll respect it with all my heart." He softly says.

I remained neutral, collected, and calm until we're already in front of my house. I may look okay outside but I'm definitely wrecking every piece of my nerve inside.

Should I give him a day to prove himself? There's nothing to prove since Taeyong is worth it. It's just that, I don't see him romantically at all.

After contemplating, I shook my head and stared at his eyes.

"Taeyong, you are a perfect guy. You don't deserve someone like me. You'll just get hurt and I don't want that to happen. Let's stay as what we are right now as friends. It is for the best." I said.

And that what I told Taeyong. I don't want him to continue to pursuing something definite that he can't have. He deserves better.

Currently, I am in the river near our campus. I cut classes. I just can't afford to be with Jaehyun right now.

I stared at the sea. Waves come, transient yet always there, rising, falling. They scatter the light, the hue of the water ever-changing yet always familiar, always blue. How could I fail to love them as they dance inward to crash on the pebbles? How could I fail to appreciate the salty air or the cold caress of the breeze? They are stalwarts of this ocean-side life, present, and passing, always the same and never.

That's what I felt for Jaehyun. Falling for him is easy but withdrawing myself away from him is difficult.

"What are you doing here?"

I turned to the person who spoke up. The moment I witness and realize who it is, I instantly froze in my spot.

Jaehyun.

The wind is blowing his hair, yet he looks so beautiful even though his hair is a mess. I can't deny that he is handsome. He's just a... walking piece of perfection.

But instead of answering him, I avert my gaze and looked at the river that I'm facing earlier before he popped out. I don't want to talk to him.

"What? You are ignoring me now?" He asked, pain and disdain in his voice so visible.

I turned to him again and gave him a dirty look. There was certain bitterness on his face as if he was annoyed about what I acted earlier.

I chuckled which earned a frown from him.

Damn, he's still fine looking with that frown.

"Now you're laughing. Is there something funny?" He asked as his frown deepened.