Chapter 15 ~ The Plan

Chapter 15

And thats how I got here.

I am standing.

In a white room.

The floor is icy cold to touch and my feet prick with pain from what could only be the beginning of frostbite.

I frantically look around for some way to get out.

But there are no doors that I can detect.

"Hello? Hello?!" I whisper, my voice tight.

I wait for a reply, but the only sound in the room is my loud ragged breathing.

My feet are going numb now.

I can hear my heart beating in an uneven rhythm inside of my chest. Growing stronger and faster by the minute.

"Is this what it's like to die?" I ask myself.

But death is not what is coming for me.

I wait.

And then after what seems like hours. A door, invisible to me until now, slides open. Revealing a middle aged woman. She has a prominent bone structure and muscled arms peaking out from underneath her innocent looking nurses gown.

"Hello sweetie." The woman croons, her voice indifferent.

I just stare back. Terror fills my vision.

"Oh, so you don't want to play nice? Do you young lady?" The woman's voice is in my ear now, slicing through the sound of the ragged breathing I had been listening to for the last few hours.

"What do you want from me?!" I yell at the woman, my eyes are wild now.

"You're special, young woman. You just don't know it. I'm merely trying to help you." The woman replies in a calm demeanour.

"What do you mean I'm.."

Thats when the woman jabs the syringe deep into my heart.

Liam's P.O.V.

"Hannah, where on earth are you?" I mutter, pacing up and down the beach, searching to see if she's curled up by the rocks, but I can't spot her slender frame anywhere.

I check my phone again, it's eleven at night, Hannah's text said that if she wasn't back by ten then something would be up. Maybe she caught the wrong current...I just can't help thinking the worst though.

Just then I see an unnatural ripple in the waves and I dash closer to the sea, my legs carrying me as fast as I can run.

"Hannah?" I shout at the ripple, but I feel a wave of disappointment when the head that pops out of the water doesn't have Hannah's unmistakeable strawberry blonde hair, only plain golden blonde.

"Liam! Thank goodness your here!" Ainslea gasps as her head pops up in the waves close to the shore.

"Ainslea, whats wrong?" I ask, getting more worried by the second.

"Liam, I'll meet you over by the rock pools, we'll talk there, It'll be easier that way, so I don't have to drag myself up onto the sand." Ainslea shouts frantically, before popping back under the dark black waves.

I follow Ainslea's instructions and sprint over to the rock pools to find her waiting for me.

"Oh Liam." She mumbles and I feel like my heart is going to drop out of my chest with those two hopeless words.

"Ainslea, what's happened? Do you know what's happened to Hannah?" I ask her, taking a seat on some of the rocks next to where she is leaning up against them.