[04] A Sign Of War

"Lisa? How have you been?" Hoseok asked the silent girl who was fidgeting with her hanbok sleeves

She looked at him, "Hi Hoseok." She said with a small smile. "I'm good what about you? I heard your student has excelled in combat."

Hoseok beamed at her response, "Chaeryeong is a great fighter. How about Yuna, is she still the mischievous girl like before?" He questioned with a chuckle followed after.

"Yeah, girl never learns." Lisa replied rubbing the nape of her neck. She was glad she had Hoseok in her life. The one classmate that didn't view her as a nuisance ever since that horrible day happened.

"Your hair grew so long. I remember it being so short back when we were at the academy." Hoseok reminisced making them both laugh.

"Lisa! I missed you!" Nayeon shouted jumping on Lisa engulfing her into a tight hug.

"Unnie you're squishing me." Lisa mumbled.

Yoongi had a small smile on his face as he watched Nayeon greeting Lisa. "I see you're still as antisocial as ever Manoban."

Lisa clicked her tongue, "What worried I'll take your title Yoongi." She replied earning a playful glare from him.

Nayeon released Lisa and walked into Yoongi's arms, "How come you and Yuna don't visit us anymore?" She asked with a sad pout.

"We're hardly in the village cause of missions now. Plus the training." Lisa answered.

"Isn't weird though. Most of us elites have been sent on missions to make sure our alliances with other villages are strong. It's as if something is challenging the elders." Nayeon stated.

"Who knows maybe it's just precautions." Hoseok added with a little doubt in his tone.

Jimin occasionally stole glances at Chaeyoung when he talked to Jungkook and Taehyung. This didn't go unseen by either of his friends.

"Alright when are you gonna ask the girl out Hyung?" Jungkook asked crossing his arms catching Jimin off guard.

"What?!" Jimin exclaimed his cheeks turning into a bright pink shade which caused his two friends to laugh at his flustered state.

"That's not the problem Kook it's that fact that she's so oblivious to his hints it's actually sad to watch the two talk." Taehyung added earning a groan from Jimin as he hid his face into his palms.

The sound of a gong caught everyone's attention and stopped people from chatting. "The annual Golden Elite Tournament will begin shortly!" The emperor shouted earning cheers from the public.

"Wow look at Eunha she hasn't changed a bit." Jisoo whispered to Namjoon.

"Don't say the princess's name so casually Jisoo." Namjoon scolded earning an elbow jab to the side in response.

"Oh crap he's looking at the list." Lia muttered nerves were starting to overpower her body.

Yeonjun shifted in his place. "Crap I'm gonna pee myself." He whispered earning a smack from Yeji.

"Keep that to yourself idiot." She scolded.

The emperor looked at the scroll full of the contestant's names. Eunha smiled as she saw Chaeyoung discreetly wave in her direction.

Her father cleared his throat, "Contestants Shin Ryujin and Choi Beomgyu step forward!" He shouted.

"Great I gotta fight her of all people." Beomgyu mumbled as he remembered she easily took down their academy teacher on a one on one fight.

Yuna smiled at Ryujin, "Do your best unnie!" She cheered.

Chaeyoung held out her arm holding a non-sharpened scythe. "Don't worry about the people just focus on blocking and attacking."

Ryujin nodded taking the weapon, "I'll try." She hesitantly replied and walked to the main battleground.

Jimin handed Beomgyu an iaito katana, "She's a mid-range fighter so getting close to her won't be easy. Make her attack and aim for her blind spots." He hinted patting Beomgyu's shoulders.

"Right." Beomgyu mumbled taking the katana. She still knows how to use hand to hand combat though. He thought.

Ryujin twirled the five-foot scythe with ease warming up her muscles for the fight. Beomgyu took a deep breath in and unsheathed his katana.

"May both contestants please bow." Jaebum one of the tournaments lead supervisors stated. The two bowed respectively. "On my count of three, you both are free to attack." He continued.

Jin shifted his eyes to look up at the arena's walls. He felt a sudden wave of alertness flood his system as the seconds went by.

"You feel that too." Jisoo said snapping him back to reality.

"Huh?" He let out lost at her statement.

"You're looking around the place and gripping the handle of your sword." Jisoo pointed out which shocked him a little he wasn't fully aware of his movements. "I'm getting a bad feeling and I think you felt it too."

"It's probably just nerves." Jin said trying to collect himself.

"Maybe but still there's something off." She replied her gaze moving toward the battlefield.

"So this is the great Soul village." A boy with long blond hair said in a mocking tone as he eyed the cherry blossom flags.

"Ain't much different than my village." A girl added as her eyes wandered the empty streets. She twirled her kunai knife itching to use it.

A boy walked toward the leader of the group, "All the thieves have been let into the village."

The leader smirked, "Perfect lead them to the arena that's where everyone is." He said making the boy nod. "The plan is in full swing now. Leave the villagers to the thugs the rest of you deal with the Anbu Elites." He told his group.

"Hey isn't your sister still in this village?" Another girl questioned.

"Leave her to me. Yuqi come with me." He replied jumping off the house's rooftop.

Yuqi grinned, "Coming." She looked at her teammate and stuck out her tongue before jumping off the roof.

The blond girl clicked her tongue in annoyance. "Who does she think she is." She grumbled.

"Cool it Soyeon." He placed his demon mask on. "Let's go." The boy said dragging her by the arm.

To be continued
Sorry for the long wait.
I was having personal problems
but all's good now. I'll try to push
updates as quickly as I can. I hope you
enjoyed this chapter. Please tell me
your thoughts 💗