Pyaar Wala Quarantine

· ❁ · ❁ · ❁ · ❁ ·
______

Bela was working in her room when she noticed it was already 9 am.

"Oh no, it's 9 already. I'm in trouble today" she muttered to herself.

She almost ran to the kitchen and quickly prepared coffee for her husband. As she knocked on his door, a toneless voice responded from inside.

"Come in."

"Sorry, I'm a little late, but here's your coffee, Mahir " Bela said.

"How many times have I told you not to do these things for me, Bela? Why do you keep doing this? What do you get out of it?" Mahir replied rudely

Bela, taken aback, tried to explain, "Mahir, I'm your wife, so-"

Mahir cut her off, "You're my wife only in front of the family and outsiders. Otherwise, you're just my secretary. There's no other relationship between us except that of an employer and employee. Your only duty is to handle office work. That's it."

Hurt by his words, Bela ran to her room. Though they lived in the same flat, their rooms were separate. Due to the lockdown, they were both working from home, far from their families.

Bela wept on her room's balcony, remembering the day she first met Mahir and the events that followed.

Flashback•

Bela was nervous as she prepared for an interview.

"I'm so nervous. I don't even know if I can do well in this interview", she thought.

When her name was called, she entered the interview room, looking at the floor. She heard someone clear his throat.

"Excuse me, are you going to count our office tiles or give the interview?", the man said.

"I'm sorry, sir", Bela replied, embarrassed.

The man smiled slightly and said, "It's okay, please have a seat."

Bela sat opposite him.

"Myself Mahir Sehgal, CEO of this company. Let's start the interview."

"Sure, sir", Bela responded.

After a while, Mahir said, "Miss Sharma, I am really impressed with your answers -."

Bela, unsure, asked, "So you're just impressed, nothing more? Does this mean I didn't get the job?"

Mahir laughed, "Arey, let me finish. I said I am really impressed with your answers, so you got the job."

"Really, sir?" Bela said, happily.

"Yes, congratulations", Mahir confirmed.

"Thank you so much, sir", Bela beamed.

"Please start tomorrow at 9 am sharp", Mahir instructed.