Chapter One

Dedicated to- DianePayne3

Our world is complicated, there are things you would never believe.

There are two types of humans in this world: the normal kind, who are plain, simple and well think they are so much better than the Others. Literally the Others that's what they are known as by the regular's. The Others contain things like were's, shapeshifters and other types of misjudged people. 

Then there's me.

As my mother always say's: I was born with a disease, some sort of virus. 

I can hear people's thoughts, which at one point I had found exciting. That was until my mother told me that the truth about the human government secretly assassinating all known Telepaths. They didn't want anybody to overhear something too important for the rest of the world to know about.

But that isn't it, I have this other thing.

Whoever I touch, my bare skin to theirs, they see things in their minds. Clips of what I have seen through my eyes, things that I'm not able to control. Usually it's how I see them, my attitude towards them but sometimes it's parts of my past, bad things, good things I never know until I read their minds to find out.

There isn't a name that I know of for this thing, well you could say my mother had already given it a name. A virus.

At first my mother didn't know what to do with me but I was her flesh and blood so she felt the need to protect me from the crazed world we live in, so that is why she is the only person who knows about my.... My disabilities.

I used to have a doctor for them but he seemed to disappear off the face of the earth one day when my mother said he was hurting me more than he was helping and then there was also the fact he suggested that a few more doctors should examine me. So to stop people finding out the truth, I figured it was best to cover as much skin as possible. That way they can't touch me and won't get flashes of my past.

My mother is one of the many well-known business women in the world and at one point I used to be her main helping hand until things took to much of a bad turn for me in the mental department. Although to be honest every now and again she does give me the cases she doesn't want to work, like the one's that would have to deal with the Others.

I don't know who my father is or if he's even alive anymore but I stand out around here like a sore thumb. It's true, all regulars are white literally snow white, not even the slightest hint of color to their tones but me I have an olive color. Only the Others have different ranges in skin colors, so it clearly must of come from my father's side.

As most re-productively troubled humans do, they have children created in a laboratory. Which means we are made in the labs with our mother's eggs and father's sperms. Another thing? We are grown in tubes until we are ready to survive the world without assistance. My mother doesn't have a husband or a boyfriend so she was given a donation to help create me.

When we tried searching for him we were told that his DNA was not in the human's database meaning only one thing, he wasn't one of them. Giving us the final clue that he was one of the them.

I have a light olive skin color, bright green eyes with a golden ring around my pupils and my hair is a dirty sandy blonde which reaches the bottom of my spine. The human's around me are paper white with either black, brown or red hair and either blue or brown eyes which is why they all stare. They look at me weirdly like I'm an alien, because I am. I'm different.