3. Slytherins - Friends Or Foe?

A/N (just in case) : Very unfortunately, Harry Potter and it's characters do NOT belong to me. They belong to their rightful owners. I wrote this chapter in a haste (I have exams this evening and I have to study but this chapter was in my mind so I was unable to Focus OMG-) I hope you enjoy the story!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Harry groaned slightly as he turned to lay on his side. He had a pounding headache and his chest felt like something had enveloped it, yet he didn't mind. He was lying on something soft. A couch, it felt like. He just wanted to go back to his peaceful slumber. He almost did so when a voice spoke, startling him awake.

"You can't make him stay here for long, Severus. You know you can't."

"I know. But I can't leave Potter like this now, can I?"

Snape?

A few seconds of silence passed.

"Fine. Do what you want. But keep in mind, I don't think he will be grateful to you."

"He is not a person you think he is. He's not the ungrateful, arrogant brat I thought he was. But yes, he's still a bit stubborn, but you can blame it on Godric Gryffindor."

*sigh* "I don't know Sev. I do understand the reason you want to keep him here. But, others may find it inappropriate for a teacher to have a student in his private rooms. I'm saying this only for your good."

"I am very well aware of the consequences, okay? I know you care for me."

Harry felt like he was intruding something very private. Silence stretched on for what it felt like an eternity. Now the fog that had been clogging his mind has cleared, he recognized to whom the other voice belonged to other than Snape.

Deciding it was the time to "wake", Harry groaned again on intention and rolled on his back.

"I think he's waking up. I better leave now, Severus. I don't think he'll be pleased to see me."

"Neither do I."

The sound of chair scraping and footsteps echoed through the room.

"Goodnight, Severus."

"Night."

Just as Harry managed to crack open an eye, he briefly saw a whiff of blonde hair and a swish of cloak even without his glasses.

He sat up groggily and searched for his glasses. Soon, a hand with pale fingers shoved them to his hands. After a quiet "thanks", he put them on and looked around his surroundings.

Malfoy said they were in Snape's private rooms. That intrigued him a bit. Snape's private rooms. Ugh. He expected to see Slytherin colors, but instead, he was surprised to see they were painted in warm earth tones. Yes, there were green colors, but it was very pleasant to look at. The room itself was dark even though there were fire torches hanging around.

"Done with your quest, Mr. Potter?"

Harry looked at Snape, who looked back at him with his unfathomable eyes. He answered sheepishly.

"Um, I wasn't, well - you know - um, checking out your room, sir."

Snape just raised his eyebrow.

"Oh, really? I thought you were so you can come here and live with me!"

He added sarcastically.

Harry gaped. Openly. He shut his mouth and stared at Snape, while a lovely blush tinted his cheeks. Having realised what he just said, Snape's eyes widened ever so slightly and a faint pink touched his cheeks; it went back as fast as it came and his usual mask fell in place. He then turned and walked towards the fireplace, not facing Harry.