Chapter 21

Hannah's POV

Daniel fixed a delicious plate of supper for the both of us. I had not wasted time and gobbled the food down, earning a minute of laughter from Daniel. I was floored by Daniel's cooking skill. When I asked him how had he managed to cook so well, he simply replied with a shrug.

Just as we were about to finish supper, Brother walked into the kitchen with a casual look. Daniel noticed him walk in to which he dramatically rolled his eyes, earning a small giggle from me before I sat up straighter. " What do you want?" Daniel asked with obvious distaste.

" I just want to talk. I will leave immediately if you do not want me to," Brother replied, sounding as if he had already thought of his reply. Daniel looked at me for confirmation as I slightly nodded to him. " Fine. You can talk, but I'll remain here." Daniel stated, trying to intimidate Brother. I had noticed a change in Brother.

He seemed to let his emotions out a little more than before. Now, he had a look of relief before pulling out a wooden stool and seating himself. Once he got comfortable, he looked between the both of us before fixing his gaze on me. " Who did that to you?" He questioned with some reluctance. I sighed as my head lowered. I debated within myself whether I should tell him or not.

" Your mother's older brother," Daniel replied for me, sending my hesitation. " You mean, Uncle Paul? Why would he do that to you?" His voice raised a tone higher, striking fear in me. " Look, if you're not going to believe her, then there is not point in you 'talking'. If you believe her, then stay. If not, leave. It's the best for us." Daniel defended immediately, standing up and readying himself to push Brother out of the kitchen.

" I am trying to wrap my head around the situation. Believe me, I'm trying as much as I can. But I need more information," Brother replied, his shoulder squaring up. " What more information do you want Brother? Have I not shown you my scars? Do you still think that I am bluffing? Do you think that I did that to myself?" I asked, my head never rising up to face him.

" Hannah, tell me when this happened. Was it when we were out?" Brother asked, his voice softening a little. " Ever since I was 17, Brother. I was raped every single night for the time he was living in Father's mansion. You had given me a room that was sound proof which He had used to his advantage." I replied, as I felt my throat close up.

" It did not matter if the three of you were in the mansion or outside at a charity ball or a press meeting or having a family dinner. He could always do it with the advantage of the soundproof bedroom and the negligence from the three of you." I explained further, wringing my hands together.

Silence fell across the kitchen, making the three of us uncomfortable. " I will start paying for my loan, you do not have to continue to pay my loan. I will handle the situation. After all, it is time I step up. Thank you for helping me. I will try to do my best to help you in anyway I can." He informed, even though I felt as if it didn't matter.

" I also want to start to behave more of a brother to you than a stranger. Please do not call me Brother anymore. You can call me Dylan itself." His words shocking me a little. Daniel started to shake his head. " For that, you have to start stop being so formal," Daniel sounding displeasing.

" I will take my leave then Hannah. Good night," Brother ignored Daniel and left the kitchen. " That conversation was completely useless. He just implanted his decisions on you like he usually does," Daniel stated, bringing a small laugh out of me.

" I mean, it was not completely useless. He knows what happened to me and said that he would try to do better. He even said that he can start to pay for his own loan. Though it is going to take some time to believe that he is actually going to try and be more of a brother to me, at the very least he made his efforts known beforehand," I replied, picking at my unruly hair.

" You know, this is the first time I've heard you speak your opinion willingly. I'm proud of you, Hannah. I'm also very glad." Daniel stated with a smile gracing his lips. I smiled back and picked my plate up to the dishwasher. We enjoyed our time together without realizing that Dylan had been standing outside the kitchen and had heard the conversation between the both of us.

Three days later

The mansion has been completely quiet that we could hear our own footsteps bouncing off the walls. I looked around, trying to see if I could see any form of life around. Daniel seemed to be doing the same thing. We halted at the staircase and looked around once more.

" Is there really no one here?" I whispered to Daniel, trying to be as quiet as possible. " It seems that way, I wonder why though," He whispered back to me. I was about to shrug as a reply when we heard something rattling in the kitchen. My head whipped fast towards the kitchen, only to heat more rattling.

" Umm, is there a possibility that a thief could have entered the mansion?" I whispered, visibly stiffening hearing more rattling. " Well, if the thief managed to enter with this tight security, then maybe yeah," Daniel whispered back. Upon hearing his reply, I gripped his hand tightly.

" Stay behind me, we'll check who's in the kitchen, ok?" Daniel asked, maneuvering me behind him. I nodded even though he could not see it. We took brisk steps towards the kitchen. Daniel held up his hand to stop our movements. He then started to count backwards from five with his fingers.

Understanding what he was trying to say, I caught onto his lead and stepped discreetly into the kitchen with Daniel when his fingers were no longer up. My eyes widened as I looked at the sight before me. My jaw almost hung from the sight before me. My head turned to Daniel to see him sporting the same surprised look. My mouth was slightly open, upon the mess in the kitchen.

A/N:

Short chapter, I know. For which I am horrible. I mean, you can already guess what is going to happen in the next chapter. It's the usual dose from me. I will try to lengthen it in the next chapter