Chapter 31

[ September 23, 2018]:

"Holy shit, did something run you over?" George blurted out as he met up with Isabelle in front of the entrance of the Chief's stadium.

She flipped him off as she sighed. "I had absolutely no sleep last night."

"Okay, too much fucking information."

"Not like that, dumbass! I just felt like this weight is over my chest and this annoying nagging feeling that something's going to happen."

"Hey, I'm pretty sure it was jetlag. Don't get yourself worked up." He responded, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"I don't know. I don't have a good feeling about today. I just want this day to be over so we could go back home."

"C'mon, let me take you to your beloved so we could see a smile on that pretty face."

Isabelle walked with George towards where the players were. As soon as they were in sight of the visitor's locker room, she saw Jimmy in front of the door throwing the football as his pre-game ritual.

She felt like her heart was about to leap out of her chest even though she had just seen him that morning. She didn't waste time as she left George's side and rushed towards Jimmy.

"Hey baby." Jimmy said as Isabelle reached him.

She immediately wrapped her arms around him as he steadied himself, shocked from the sudden and tight hug.

"Hey, hey..." He gently spoke as he took her to the side. "Are you okay?"

"How'd you know that something's wrong?" She asked him, now looking up at him.

"Well, for starters, you're not very big on PDA, especially in very public settings. Second, I know your face. I've memorized your facial expressions. So, tell me. What's going on in that pretty head of yours?"

Isabelle sighed, "I don't know, babe. I really don't. I just have this bad feeling about today and I'm just anxious."

"C'mere, love." He responded as he wrapped his arms around her. "Don't be worried about anything. It might just be jetlag and the fact that you absolutely despise the Chiefs."

This made her smile. "Despise is not a strong enough word."

Jimmy chuckled as he held her face in his hands. "I love you. Everything is going to be fine, alright?"

She nodded as he caressed her cheek, leaning down and attaching his lips to hers, immediately deepening the kiss.

Isabelle giggled as Jimmy pulled away, smiling at her. "How about we continue this after the game?"

She smiled, "I'll hold you to that, QB."

--------

The 49ers were getting the ball first, so as Jimmy was about to head to the field, he heard her voice.

"Hey, Jimmy G." Isabelle called out.

He smirked as he took his helmet off, looking at her. "yeah, Shanahan?"

She pointed her finger at him as she giggled. "You got this."

He pointed back at her, winked and put his helmet back on, heading towards his position on the field.

Isabelle walked towards her father, as his back was towards her. She wrapped her arms around him, startling him for a few seconds before he looked back, saw her and smiled. "Hi, sweetheart."

"I love you. You're an amazing coach and an even better father."

"I love you too, so much."

--------