MYSTIQUE

Its been a very busy time and to make things worse I had to give in to Vince and meet his dad. He was so confident that our meeting would be beneficial to the both of us and to stop his pestering I decided to meet with him on his birthday since he said it was going to be a very small gathering.

  I arrive at the government house and after extensive security checks and search I was finally admitted into the house. Mehn you haven't felt like a terrorist until you've had to visit the government house. All military personnels were represented. The gift I brought alone had almost be dissected just to make sure I wasn't hiding weapons or bombs in there. If this was the rigor one had to pass through just to attend a birthday party here then I wasn't going to be coming here for any reason.

  I call Vince when I was shown to a very elaborate guest parlour that was currently having about seven people. I'm shown a seat and asked what I would like to drink. I decline the drink but accept the seat. It takes Vince over twenty minutes to show. When he does he was apologetic as he had been held up with some duties.

  We exchange a friendly hug and he insists I meet his dad briefly before he gets too crowded by friends and well wishers. I agree because getting it out of the way now would mean I could sneak out at anytime I wanted during the party.

  We find him talking with some friends who happens to be politicians as well.

  "Dad this is Mystique the lady I told you about." Says Vince interrupting his fathers discussion.

  "Good evening sir!" I say with a  courtesy.

  "Good evening dear. What a lovely young lady." He says with a smile making me smile shyly as well. "This is Mr lawal and Mr Andy, they are friends of mine as well as my party member." He introduces them, then excuses us.

  "If I didn't interrupt him like that he would have spent the whole day there arguing politics." Says Vince winking.

  "So Mystique I hear you are the brain box of ideas." Says Mr Zeke Vince dad.

  "He no doubt would have exagerrated to make me more appealing. Being a politician yourself you should know the importance a good presentation."

   He laughs at my statement then looks at me. "I see you know how to throw a punch." He says.

  "Nah! I just say it like I see it." I inform him smiling.

  "Which political party do you support?" He asks interested.

  "I'm not a fan of political parties. I feel they are all the same, they just have different names." I respond.

  "That's a rather funny way to look at it. Don't you think?" He asks.

  "In politics there are two types of people. Those who are active and those who are passive. Its normal for someone who is on the outside to see things differently from those on the inside. When I look at it all I see is different individuals doing the same things under different party." I say.

  "Things like?" He asks curious.

  "Play politics. All political parties have the same ideas, values and plans. Considering that they all play by the same rule book its to be expected. I'm not really a fan of politics and would not like to offend you with my opinions." I say trying to quit while I was ahead before I offended him.

  "Nonsense! I love to interact with people especially sharp youngsters who have opinions." He says waving off my concerns. "Vince please get us something to drink and eat" He further says.

  I request for water and few small chops and he leaves me with a pat on my shoulder and a promise to be back soon.

  "Now that Vince not here I'm curious about your relationship with my son. He has been on me to meet with you and I must admit he has never been so persistent about an issue before." He says looking at me.