chapter three

Fifi's POV:

I woke up in my bed sitting up and looking around me.
Damn, I must have fell asleep in the car. I had always been a sleepy kid, i needed a lot more sleep then other kids. Papa said i would grow out of it but i didn't.
I was 10 when I was diagnosed with narcolepsy, a chronic disorder that causes random daytime sleepiness and sleep attacks. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it .
I'm used to it though, I don't need anyone's pity, things could be a lot worse :)

I rubbed my eyes and saw Maeve curling her pin straight hair at my vanity.
"Finally, you're up!" she exclaims setting down the iron and fluffing her hair.
"Sorry Maybee" I was in a groggy tired voice. "That's okay cupcake now come let me get you ready, the party has already begun!" I check my alarm, 10:32 pm and I could hear the music and voices down stairs. 
"I-I don't know maybee, the boys they-" I started.
"No way Fifi, we aren't doing this, you aren't a teenager forever they can't keep you locked up like this".

She was right, I mean I could make new friends, since I was homeschooled my only friends were the boys, Maeve and Benny.
"Okay, sorry" I reply shyly not liking to be told off.
Maeve pulls out a dress she has already chosen for me and her self from my closet. Maeve always goes on about how grateful she is that she can fit into most of my clothes (despite being taller), she says my closet is like a mall. I do have a lot of clothes because of my terrible online shopping addiction.

Maeve picked me out a blue dress i've never worn before, papa always said I looked like an angel in blue.
I sign at the memory, he had been gone for 3 weeks now on his business trip. We still write letters back and forth , call me old fashioned but i find it so lovely and exciting to receive mail.
"Hurry up Fifi, we still have to do ur hair and makeup" Maeve calls to me without taking her eyes off her reflection.
"How do I look?" She says with a nervous look. Maeve was wearing a 2 piece set I didn't recognise to be from my closet, she looked amazing as always, she suited black I thought.
"You look beautiful Maybee" I said brightly, her face softened into a smile and she turned around to face me.
"You look like an angel cupcake, I don't know how you do it", she said in awe. My cheeks flushed pink, i've never been good at taking compliments.
I liked the dress but it seemed a little tight on my chest and butt.

Fifi's dress (not fifi's body):

Maeve's dress ( not body)