Fifteen💫

*•CAINE's POV•*
Watching Ara walk away from me and towards Rodrick made me nervous. What if she hurt herself during training? Before I could think about protesting to Rodrick, Cindy came to me.
   "Hey bro." Something about the way the Luna brother-zoned me stirred something within me.
   "Luna."
   "Please, call me Cindy. You're basically like my brother in law since Ara is like my sister." I could tell she really loves Ara a lot.
   "Okay Cindy. Do you know anything at all about fighting?"
   "No. Well I used to but not anymore. I've probably forgotten everything I knew."
   "Show me what you can do then." Positioning herself in a fighting stance, she swung her leg at me. I blocked it but she immediately replaced it with a swing at my face. I'll give her one thing, speed. She knows how to replace one move with another swiftly and quickly. Wholly focused in training Cindy, I didn't notice Ara struggling with her own training till her end fight with  Rodrick. Even though she was fighting, you could actually see the amount of effort she was putting in her moves. I was feeling exhausted for her so when Rodrick told her to pull her punches, I let out a sigh of relief.
   Walking towards her, she addressed Cindy first about her impressive skills. Then, about how Cindy is better than me, before the main issue on her mind... ice cream.
   "My body hurts so bad." She whined, making her lips tremble.
"It's all your fault. You dragged me to train. I totally hate you right now."
"What can I do for you to love me again?" I teased.
"Who said I love you? I love ice cream more." I'll be honest. My heart sank a little bit when she said that but I reminded myself that she was only joking so maybe she didn't mean it.
"You wound me!" Dramatically, I held my chest with a pained expression.
"Stop being dramatic and get me my bucket of ice cream. Now." She growled out the last part, trying to be intimidating but she looked so cute. I decided to annoy her further.
"Sheesh! Calm down woman." I swear, if looks could kill, I'd be dead by now. The look she gave made me panic.
"Let's go get you that ice cream." I said to save my butt.
"I can't feel my legs." She stated, looking down at her legs. I can't let my baby suffer so I carried her and she snuggled deep into my arms.

_____________________________________________________________________

The idiot was eyeing my mate! What the freaking hell? Even after Ara placed her order, he didn't look away from her.
   "And what about you?" The young guy asked even though he was looking at Ara.
"I'd like for you to stop looking at my girlfriend now mate." There's only one word to describe how I feel... jealous and royally pissed. Okay maybe it's more than one word but you can't blame me.
"So-sorry. What would you like?" The idiot's name tag read Mark.
"I'd like to report you to your freaking manager but from the looks of it, you need this job so you had better quit eyeing your customers." Mark reddened uncomfortably at my words.
"Give me the coconut flavored one." Immediately, the guy set to work, scooping our ice creams into a cup.
"Thanks for coming. Have a good day." Mark murmured.
"You too." Ara smiled at him which made me shake my head before I gave Mark a look that said don't-repeat-yourself-again. Walking to a seat, I noticed that Ara was giving me a funny look.
    "What? He totally deserved it. He shouldn't be eyeing his customers, whether she's a beautiful woman such as yourself or not." I know that compliments make her blush, so when her cheeks started reddening, I couldn't help but smirk. The thought that I could affect her so made me happy.
"So how was training with Cindy?"
"She's a great fighter. And she's strong for an ex omega." I looked up from my ice cream to see Ara giving me a nasty look. At first I couldn't understand what I did wrong, but when I finally registered my eyes widened. Apparently, today was Give Your Mate A Nasty/Funny Look When He Says Something Weird/Stupid Day.
"No offence. You're a great omega-I mean fighter-I mean for an ex omega you fight well too. I'm not making sense am I?" When she was done laughing her heart out, I continued.
"As I was saying, she's a good fighter for someone who was an omega. Do you think her Luna strength and instinct is kicking in yet?"
"I think maybe it's her Beta blood."
"Her Beta blood?"
"Yah-yeah she's not a born omega. She was a Beta's daughter before she was brought to Moonlight Pack to be an omega." Immediately she said that, I stiffened. Can it be... no, it can't be.
"What's wrong?"
"Do you happen to know the name of the pack she came from?" I was literally wearing my heart on my sleeve at this moment. She looked deep in thought for a moment.
"I forget."
"Try and recall. Please." I begged.
"I don't remember. Now that I think about it, don't think I ever knew or paid attention to the name."
"Why do you need it so bad?" I can't tell her. She doesn't need to know yet.
"Don't worry about it. It's nothing. Shall we go to the movies now?"
"Wait-I'm almooo dooo wooo moo ice crwee." She looked so silly stuffing her mouth with ice cream.
"Let's go now." We walked to the movies hand in hand. People were looking at us but since Ara didn't seem to care, then I didn't care either.
   The movie showing was Kissing Booth 2. I haven't watched Kissing Booth 1 so I didn't even understand what was happening but since Ara seemed to enjoy it, I didn't complain. During the movie though, Scar alerted me of a presence behind us and Ara was well aware too because she turned at the same time I did and mentioned the werewolf's name.
   "Lindsay?!" She whisper yelled. Who the hell is Lindsay?

               *•ARA's POV•*
   "Cook Arabelle!" Lindsay rushed to hug me but I was too surprised to hug her back immediately. Overcoming my initial surprise, I hug her back before pulling away.
   "Call me Arabelle only. What are you doing here? How did you get out of Moonlight Pack? Does Alpha Jace know you're here?" I bombarded her with questions until I felt Caine's hand on my arm which calmed me down a bit.
   "I escaped."
   "What? Why?"
   "I came to warn Cindy. I overheard Miss Macy plotting against Cindy." You know how time slows down in movies; when light shines on the protagonist when he/she receives bad news? That's exactly how I felt.
   "What do you mean?" Caine spoke for the first time. It's as though Lindsay was just noticing Caine because covered her mouth with her hand and took off. Yup, she ran. Why? I have no freaking idea.
   Since we had already left the movie room earlier, running away was easy. I chased after her and Caine chased after me. Pushing humans aside, Lindsay ran into the forest and we followed her.
   "Stop running!"
   "Why are you running?"
   "He won't do anything to you! Just stop running!" She wasn't stopping and I was getting tired.
  "Caine please stop her!" Immediately I said that, he our ran me and stood in front of Lindsay, blocking her path. So if he could stop her, why didn't he? I swear, sometimes that dude just likes to see me suffer. Humph!
   "Tell us what you heard. Now." Caine's eyes flicked from blue to gold for a short while, only to scare her. I knew that he wouldn't shift.
   "She said-she said that she'll send someone to—" Looking down to her chest, Lindsay dropped to the ground.
   "Noooooooo!" I was too stunned to move. After what felt like hours, I finally unrooted from my spot and ran to Lindsay who was already being held by Caine.
   "Lind! Lind!!" Pushing aside her hand, I looked at the wound. The bullet was dipped in silver.
   "Who did this to you?" She coughed out blood and pointed in the direction behind me. I turned around but I didn't see anyone there. Taking a whiff of the air, I was able to trace a scent which disappeared immediately, almost as though the scent was never present.
   "What is going to happen to the Luna?" Caine asked. The only reply we got was a last cough before her head turned to the side and she gave up the ghost.
   "Lind! Lindsay!! Noooo!!!" Cradling her head in my lap, I cried for my ex-assistant who only wanted to reveal the conspiracy against her fellow omega—ex omega.
   "We've got to go now. It's not safe here." He tried to raise me but I didn't budge.
   "Whoever shot her might still be here. I'm sorry but we have to go now." Gently prying Lindsay's dead body from me, he laid her in a bush since we couldn't take her back with us immediately.
   "I promise to come back for her body later but for now, I have to get you back home safely." He picked me up and using his supernatural speed, carried me back to the car.
   "Have some rest."
   "No. I'm okay. If I sleep now, I don't think I'll wake up for five o'clock."
  "Don't worry about five o'clock. Just close your eyes and sleep. Please, for me?"
   "Okay." Closing my eyes, I let sleep consume me. I didn't even realize when we got back to the pack or when Caine locked me in my room. Or when he unlocked my room after eight o'clock to climb in bed with me. Or when he kissed away the stray tear that escaped from my eye when I was dreaming about Lindsay's death.
    In my dream, I made a promise to avenge Lind's death. Macy is behind this and will pay. I'll make sure of it. Macy will regret ever plotting against Cindy or any of my family.

I'm sorry but Lindsay had to die😭. I erased and rewrote this chapter like 2,500 times😪😂. Aye! I think it's time for the drama to start unfolding. What do you think🤔
   I'll try my best to update  more often so I can finish this book before I go off to boarding school in October🤭
Sorry for all the mistakes. If you think you can be my editor or you know someone who can edit this book for me, please indicate it down in the comments below.
   Keep reading😗 Love y'all❤️
  Peace✌🏽flowersandbooks16