On The Rink

"You're finally here, Kageyama and Hinata. You guys were the last ones." Daichi sighed.

"Is Tsukishima not coming?" Hinata asked up in confusion, not seeing the beanpole.

"Oh, Tsukishima's already inside. He went in early since he didn't want to wait." Sugawara said.

"I think Tsukki saw someone he recognised." Yamaguchi piped up.

"He has friends other than you?" Ennoshita asked. It wasn't in a teasing manner, it was more a genuine question.

Yamaguchi nodded, his expression a 'duh, of course he does' one. "Come on, lets just go. You guys still need to get your skates."

"Who brought their own, anyways?" Kageyama questioned.

"Tsukishima, Kiyoko, Yachi and Yamaguchi did." Sugawara said.

"Saltyshima? Who knew he enjoyed skating." Kageyama smirked to himself.

After getting their skates and everything, they walked inside to see that Tsukishima hadn't started yet. He was still just talking to two people, one with red and white dual hair, the other one with an emo appearance.

"Tsukishima, it's not cheating if you're also here." The dual one stated.

"Technically, it is. First, you didn't know I'd be here. Second, I'm not with Saiki and instead with my volleyball teammates who don't even know about it." Tsukishima said.

"This can't be held against me, Todoroki was insistent and I can't say no to him. Otherwise, he would've brought Midoriya or something and we all know he would probably break all of his bones." The emo one raised his hands up defensively.

Tsukishima rolled his eyes, "Whatever, it doesn't matter. See you tomorrow."

The blonde then saw Yamaguchi and walked over to him, still wearing his trainers. "Hey, Yamaguchi." Yamaguchi waved, and took his skates out of his bag.

"Who were those two?" Yamaguchi questioned.

"Todoroki Shoto and Tokoyami Fumikage. I met them quite a while ago when we went against each other." Tsukishima said.

"Went against each other? In what?" Kiyoko asked, from where she already had one of her skates on.

"I wasn't talking to you, so it's none of your business."

"Don't be so rude to the Goddess!" Nishinoya and Tanaka exclaimed in unison.

After a few minutes, everyone had their skates on and were inside of the rink. Most people were either slowly skating, or falling over every two moment. Tsukishima stayed at a medium pace around the rink, not wanting to draw attention. Yamaguchi was holding his hand, despite already knowing how to skate.

After Hinata fell for the billionth time, Tsukishima just sighed in exasperation while Yamaguchi looked in concern. Before, it was amusing to both of them but not it was just stupid.

"You're terrible at this." Tsukishima skated over to him.

"Yeah, as if you can do that much better! You and Yamaguchi have just been doing circles the whole time." Hinata huffed.

Tsukishima raised an eyebrow. "Your point? At least I'm better then you." As Hinata glared, Tsukishima just skated away.

"Tsukki, wait for me!" Tsukishima turned quickly and faced Yamaguchi, waiting.

"Yamaguchi, you really need to do some of this on your own."

Yamaguchi pouted, "fine. I'll do some by myself if you do something cool. Please, Tsukki?" His eyes were pleading, and adorable.

Tsukishima frowned. "Yamaguchi, you know I can't."

"Pleaseeeee?" Yamaguchi trailed out his voice.

Tsukishima sighed. "Fuck it."

Yamaguchi squealed, and stood to the side as Tsukishima began skating. His feet glided across the frozen water elegantly, almost seeming natural. He was like a white swan as he danced on the frozen surface, and twirled around, his eyes slowly beginning to shut as he relaxed into the feeling. He always forgot how amazing it all was until he fully went onto the ice and let himself free. Tsukishima lost all awareness of his surroundings, as Yamaguchi beamed and mentally cheered him on. Meanwhile, his teammates were staring at him in awe and shock. They didn't know that Tsukishima could ever look this calm, or even that he could skate, before now. Tsukishima's eyes fluttered open as he returned to Yamaguchi, smiling faintly. The grass-haired boy beamed at him, and squealed faintly.

"That was so cool!" He exclaimed. "It's been a while since I've seen you, and damn! It's almost like you're a whole new person."

Tsukishima flushed slightly, "I'm not that good, Yams."

"Lies." Yamaguchi said, "I mean, I'm sure the rest of the team would agree."

Tsukishima turned even redder and his golden eyes widened, "I completely forgot they were still here."

"Damn, Saltyshima!" Nishinoya skated over to tease the blond, Tanaka trailing behind him.

"Never knew you could skate." Tanaka smirked.

Tsukishima rolled his eyes. "Shut the fuck up."

Yamaguchi snickered into his hands. The rest of the team finally unfroze, but just questioned their existence. How the hell did their salty teammate know how to skate that well?

"Tsukki, please watch your language." Yamaguchi said.

"How about..." Tsukishima acted as if he was thinking. "Fuck no."

"Tsukki!" Yamaguchi scolded.

Tsukishima smirked and skated away, Yamaguchi trying (and failing) to catch up to him. Nishinoya and Tanaka frowned at not being to get as much of a reaction as they hoped for.