Midday Phone Calls

I wrote and revised this all in one hour all because I saw a sad TikTok and inspiration struck. It's my first Jercy fanfiction but won't be my last. Those of you who came from my other stories, Let's Do it Again. and Life Goes On don't worry I'm posting a new chapter soon. Please review and tell me what you guys think. 

It was around 3, raining and storming when Percy got the call. It wasn't unusual weather for may perse but he had been up since the night before, anxiety holding him. He couldn't sleep or eat or concentrate. Something was off and connections were still down so he couldn't contact any of his friends. Not even his boyfriend. He'd already made his weekly call and sent his daily letter via wind spirit. One that was doubtful to arrive with the weather.

Jason was across the country at an all-boys boarding school while Percy stayed behind in New York to finish high school and help with his baby sister. The situation wasn't ideal but the couple hadn't had much of a choice. Jason had to start his temple building and finish school while also continuing his service with Camp Jupiter. Paul had worked hard into making sure Percy stayed at Goode and Percy wasn't throwing away his only chance to graduate in good standings. Besides his mom had recently given birth and the married couple needed as much help as possible. 

Jason and Percy had only gotten together after Tarturas and barley got a month of peace before they were forced apart because of school. They'd spent the entirety of Winter and Spring break together and planned on moving to Rome this summer for college. Their apartment was less of an apartment and more of a house courtesy of being 2 former praetors. They'd been counting down the days. 1 more month and they'd be free to live together.

The universe just couldn't let him catch a break. Thunder shook the sky and rain pelted down harder and for once Percy was grateful no one was home. His hand shook as he answered the phone he just knew this was going to be bad. Maybe he could ignore it and pretend the phone hadn't rung.

 Piper was on the line when he answered, hesitant, distraught, sobbing. She'd barely spoken the words when Percy dropped the phone and let out a sound he didn't think was possible. It wasn't possible. Electric blue eyes, defined jaw, a scarred lip, blonde hair all came to mind. That wasn't right, Jason Grace was fine. He always was. He always made it through. The fates wouldn't be so cruel to take away his last bit of happiness and hope in this world were they? 

A viscous whimper escaped Percy's lips and he sat there tears streaming trying to wake up from this awful nightmare. This wasn't right. He and Jason had plans, Percy never made plans. They were going to live together and go to college and make so many memories. Jason and Annabeth would run their own companies and Percy would help troubled kids like him. Piper would take back her father's glory and be a great lawyer one day, Leo and Callie would open up a repair shop, and Frank and Hazel would be praetors and retire happily and have lots of animals. That was what they wanted, what they deserved. How could any of this happen without Jason? 

he wasn't dead. Percy tried reassuring himself, they made a mistake. Percy would go down there and prove them wrong. He looked around for the phone and grabbed it bringing it to his ear hopefully.

"Your wrong, he's not dead." His voice was hoarse but hopeful.

"No Percy, I'm sorry. Caligula got him. There was a prophecy saying one of us wouldn't survive and Jason- sweet poor Jason he knew it would be him." Piper was still sobbing.

"He didn't even tell me-" Percy's voice broke he was unable to continue talking. A violent course of emotions was streaming through him. They had talked less than two days ago. Jason would have mentioned something, he should have mentioned something. Jason hadn't gone on a quest since the one with him and Piper failed. He said he wasn't going on anymore. At least not until Percy was with him.