o. prologue

training wheels--
prologue

training wheels-- prologue

000

[ disclaimer to clear some confusion — the prologue takes place in the first year, but the book starts in their fourth year and finishes in their seventh ]

"Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh..."

The words slipped past Amora Buckley's lips like a small prayer, her heart hammering in her chest and her palms slippery with sweat as she grasped onto the door leading into the next carriage of the train. It had jerked unexpectedly beneath her feet, swaying from side to side as it whistled, the shrill noise echoing in Amora's eardrums.

She could feel the wheels of the train start to move forwards, quickly picking up speed until eventually, Amora felt it was safe enough to let go of the doorway she was blocking. A girl shoved past her as soon as she let go, scoffing slightly at the brunette who had dared to start moving down the carriage of the train. Amora was on the desperate hunt to find somewhere to sit, somewhere where she could actually relax and take everything in.

One seat. Just one seat, world, please.

In her momentary panic, Amora managed to somehow trip over her own two feet, a small yelp escaping her lips as she jolted forwards. She collided with a boy with platinum hair and paper skin, her hands scrambling to push herself off from him. The boy was already shoving her away without a second thought, his entire face scrunching up in what Amora assumed was a mixture of anger and disgust.

"Watch where you're going, dimwit!" The grey-eyed boy scowled.

When Amora's eyes enlarged she saw him smirk a little, a couple of the boys behind him snickering cruelly. He seemed to bathe in the idea of making the short brunette feel intimidated, folding his arms across his chest and glowering down at her cockily.

"I didn't mean to," Amora admitted apologetically.

"Then make sure it doesn't happen again," he spat.

A small huff escaped Amora's lips. She hated conflict and confrontation in general, but the boy in front of her was potentially the rudest person she had ever met... and for no real reason, either. She frowned, her brows knitting together.

"There's no need to be so rude about it." Amora gave a small glare before she pushed past him, making sure to bump her shoulder against his.

She was gone before the blond could say anything back. The brown-eyed girl moved into the next carriage and made sure not to so much as even graze past another student. Hopefully not everyone was as snappy as he had been. Amora didn't plan on making any enemies on her first day of school— or ever, actually.

"So you met Malfoy, h-huh?"

Amora looked to the timid voice talking to her and she smiled brightly at a boy with dark hair and a round face. He managed a small smile back, presenting his rather large two front teeth. Perhaps they only looked so noticeable because he was missing a few nearby.