Part 10

By this point I was vulnerable.
No! I was more than that I was weak, brittle, lost, useless.
My mother always told me "A girl has to be strong no matter the circumstances" She also told me that "Men come and go. Trust no one but, yourself."

I looked down at the lifeless body and at the shadow that appeared before me, I saw the shadow enter the light. His jaw was angled and stern, he had a stubbled chin and a growing beard but barely was there. 

He had bags under his eyes it looked like a lack of sleep problem or stress I couldn't figure out what it was. He eyes looked like he had ocean blue bright eye colour but there was no trace of any light blue it was a very dark blue that clouded any colour left in his eyes.

Sweat was dripping on his head, while his mix of brown and light blonde curly hair covered a little of his forehead but he had a messy curl type of hair thing going
Oh Crap, I instantly recognised who it was. "Cayson." I motioned for him to release me from the heavy metal chain wrapped and twisted different directions on my body.

 I pointed at the toolbox. He made his way there and grabbed the closest pair of pliers then quickly ran towards me and kneeled in front and snapped off all the chains, I felt the pressure taken off me. I felt free a feeling that I had not felt in a long time.....

The tears were flowing freely down my face like a waterfall I latch on to Cayson and thanked him for dear life
I'm pretty sure that he stumbled back a bit and patted my shoulders.
I let go of him and his head was bowed with an unreadable expression flashed across his, I was worried and a nervous he didn't utter a word as I was getting concerned I nudged him a little and asked him
"There is something You're not telling me and it's scaring me a little" he mumbled something so, I raised my voice a bit "Cayson, spill now!"
he huffed and his posture changed he was sulking "your mafia is gone... your brother and his friends are all dead" I screamed and said "Jacob, Jordan, Ivan they cant be-- No they are alive... they haven't found them yet right... "
Cayson started laughing abruptly...

I stopped midway of my breakdown clung onto his arm and silently whispered: "Why are u laughing??" He said "I'm kidding...They are still at back in the house but the power went off so, "

Wait how do you know all of this I asked carefully
.....

Rose do you remember the date and when you asked me to drop you on the curb
Well I er  .... sort of followed you and introduced myself to everyone in the houe and yh..,, that happened

For fuck sake Cayson... I replied
Just leave me alone and drop me at the curb per usual