Chapter 8

Monday

                                                                                     (Dean's POV)

     I wake up on the couch with a killing headache.The events of last night come back to me. I went to a bar, got wasted, slept with some chick. I think her name was Cassie Robinson. She's pretty hot I guess. Then I stumbled back into the dorm, and crashed on the couch.

     There is a glass of water and some ibuprofen on the coffee table. I sit up so I can drink the water, when I see a piece of paper. I pick it up and realize it's a note,

Dean,

You came home drunk last night. Figured you might want this. I'm having breakfast with Charlie, then running to the store because my classes don't start until 11:30. Text me a list of what you want/need.

-Castiel

     I set the note down and take the ibuprofen. I go to my room and grab my phone. It's 10:42 right now. I look at the message from Sam.

S: I went home around 3 yesterday, but you were off doing your own thing.

S: Text me when you get this.

D: Hey Sammy

     They text for a few minutes before Dean goes to the bathroom and gets in the shower. He has the temperature as cold as he can handle it. When he gets out he's feeling better. I wrap a towel around my waist because I'm alone. I walk around trying to find anything that I need or want. After walking around the dorm a few times, I deem that I don't need much, considering I just went shopping last week.

     As I'm headed back to the bedroom I hear the door unlock and it squeak open.

     "Cas? Is that you?"

     "Yeah, I'm just putting the groceries away."

     I continue into our room and get dressed. I walk out to the kitchen to see if there is any pop tarts or something I could have that would hold me over until lunch.

     "Do we have any quick breakfast food?" I decide to ask, because he just went shopping.

     "Yeah, it's in the cabinet above the sink"

     "Thanks"

     "Mhmm" He responds without emotion.

     "Are you okay?" I ask. Now that I've thought about it, he's seemed really distant this morning. No shit sherlock, oh god I thought I got rid of you. Nope, now you better fix this. Fix what? Apologize you dumb bat, you just fulfilled both of your dreams and you just walk out of his life like nothing happened? H's still upset? Yes you dumb fuck, now fix your goddamn mistakes like a grown ass man!

     I turn around to face Castiel, only to find he isn't sitting in the kitchen where he was a second ago. I walk around the apartment. His classes don't start for another 25 minutes. I walk to the bathroom and hear the water running, and something I take as crying. I knock on the door, after a few seconds he answers with a 'come in'. I walk in.

     I should probably do it now, even though he is in the shower because I won't have the balls to do it later.

"Look, Cas. Man I'm sorry for how I've treated you since-"

     "There is no need to apologize, Dean"

     "Yes there is!"

     "No, you don't mean it. I was simply just a one night stand, nothing more. I have come to terms with the matter."

     "You weren't a one night stand" I say, voice barely above a whisper.

     "What?" Cas asked, while pulling the shower curtain back a little bit so I could see his face.

     "You-Y-You weren't- Fuck, this is hard to say"

     "Just say it Dean" Cas says, his voice soft and eyes full of hope.

     "You weren't just a one night stand" I say a little below my normal decibel. His eyes light up bright, so full of hope. I didn't know what would come next, I wanted to be with him. But I can't, my dad would be pissed if he found out. I don't know what to do, so I'll just be honest with him.

     "Why don't you finish up and we can talk?" He nods his head and pulls the shower curtain back.

     I sit in the living room for what felt like hours when Cas came out of the bathroom. He is wearing a black NF t-shirt with a Hoover college zip-up hoodie on top of it, he also had a pair of jeans and some black converse to match the outfit. He is about to sit down when he glances at his phone and sees the time

     "Shit! I am so sorry Dean. Can we have a rain check? Classes are about to start and I don't wanna be late. By the way you should probably get ready, unless you're skipping today?" Cas says in a rush. I give him an encouraging smile.

     "Yeah, we can talk later. I'm about to head out in a few minutes. Why don't we meet here at 4, and go get some food? my treat" Castiel nods his head "It's a date" I say with a wink. Before Cas starts speed walking down the hall. I chuckle to myself, before the weight of what's going on rests on my shoulders. Do I let him down? Do I go after my heart? If we do get together it'll have to be a secret. No one could know.

     I get up and throw my boots on before heading to my first lecture, 2 hours of sitting in a room listening to a woman ramble on and on about how science is everything. Blah blah blah. The only thing I remember from science was protons and neutrons. I could fail every class, I'm just using college as an excuse for getting out of the house. If I fail, then I get a job at the garage a block away and get a small apartment with Cas- with whoever I would be with at that point in time.

     The whole class period I'm thinking about what I'm gonna do with Cas, and not in the sexy kind of way. I mean, I like him, I'm pretty sure he like me. But my dad is bound to find out, and I can't put Cas through that. My dad is the most homophobic person I have met, and if he finds out... I'm going to wish I were dead. I am so confused right now, Do I follow my heart? Or be my dads perfect little soldier. I need to talk to someone about this. So I walk out of class and head out to Baby. I begin the 5 hour drive back home.