15. Closed Curtains

Third POV

The death hour glass was dropping sand one grain at a time. Men from both sides of this escalating war were being executed on the clock, but one potential death held on to the remaining sand that was falling freely. Seven hours of surgery, thirteen bullets removed from his body, and three distraught brotherly figures in the waiting room. No one could bare the expected news, if it were to be brought.

Tremaine Witmore suffered six gunshots in the shoulder, six gunshots to the left of his abdomen, and a gunshot just above his collarbone. He was treated immediately and provided with an immediate blood transfusion in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Still, the excruciating pain shook in his veins making him beg and plead to be dead in the next few minutes. Besides that fact, he was expected to live.

The faces he had seen beat down on his brain. It was the only thing he could really process. While being trapped inside his body, better known as a coma, he could only mentally feel what was needed to be said: he'd seen those men before; he just couldn't place it.

Out in the waiting room, the rest of the crew were trying to stay calm. The doctor had already informed them that Trey was alive. The only thing that kept then worrying was the knowledge of knowing that they had definitely started a war.

"What the fuck did we get into, man?" Jonas was slouched in a chair with Leah's head on his chest, asleep. Everyone was half sleep, being as though they had been at the hospital for over eight hours. They all assailed to the hospital when they got the news from Trey's mother, who was the only person allowed in the room with him. Quez had to catch up considering he had to drop of Tiffany, whose intentions were to spend the night, and pick up Crystal from her mother's house.

"Man, don't act like that!" Adonis stood up from his seat out of frustration. "We knew what the fuck we was doing. You thought this shit was gone be easy? I mean, I ain't saying I expected something like this to happen to one of us, but nigga you got to understand this ain't all fun and games. We doing illegal shit, stealing money out of niggas pockets; and the people we taking this money from don't fuck around. You knew that when we first set this shit up." He sat back down heavily. "The only thing that matters right now is that Trigga okay. We gone figure all that other shit later on."

"When you think they gone let us in the room to see him?" Asked a teary eyed Crystal.

"I'on know. They just let his mama in right now," Quez said with his entire body laid on the chairs, trying to get comfortable.

"Visitors for Tremaine Witmore?" Everyone's head shot up to look at the doctor standing in front of them. "You can come in to see him now." They all stood simultaneously and quickly shuffled through the door. Tremaine? Well, he was smirking like he was the man of the hour.

"Got shot more times than Tupac, nigga," he said, cracking himself up.

"Shut up boy," his mom said slapping his arm.

"How you doing, man?" Jonas said sitting down next to his bedside.

"I'm alive," he closed his eyes. "Alive and well."

"Amen to that," his mother waved her hands in the air. "My baby is okay."

The room fell silent. "When they letting you out of here?" Quez spoke up.

"I'on know. They just keeping me here for now. Hopefully I'll be gone some time this week." Everyone nodded in awkward silence. There was so much that needed to be said, but couldn't be considering his mother was in the room. They all sat around, prayed, and calmed.

Trey
12:06 am

I opened my eyes to the giggles of a woman. "Yo' crazy ass daddy the one that got me out here doing this shit. He lucky he is who he is, or I would'a bailed out on his ass a long time ago," that was a nigga's voice that time.

"Oh, shut up. He's not even that bad," the female's voice sounded familiar. "You just tripping, Damien."

"I'm tripping? Nah, you just don't know what it's like to not be under yo' daddy's wing. If I was Thaddeus Costello's child like you, girl you wouldn't know how much niggas would fear me." My heart froze. On the other side of the curtain was TC's daughter. I was dying to get a peek, but I knew that could be the stupidest decision that I could ever make. They were just trying to kill me less than 24 hours ago. I continued to listen.

"So how you and yo' lil' boyfriend doing?" He said laughing. "I saw that nigga you invited to the housewarming." She started giggling.

"Oh my god, chill. Let's not worry about that. Let's focus on how your stupid ass shot yourself in the leg or what you did earlier," I swear to god I heard her voice before.

"You talking about that nigga we killed at the light? Man, once we found out he was one of the niggas who in charge of that new cartel, we pulled up on his ass, and it was over." He was talking about me. My breathing was becoming heavy, as soon as I realized this shit was real life. "Enough about me. Tell me about him. You already know I'm jealous, so we can skip past that." He started laughing.

"Well," she took a deep breath. "His name is Adonis. I met him through Tiffany because she met him through his friend Chris, that she met through this guy named Jonas we met in college." Their conversation and laughs became muffled as I realized who was on the other side of the curtain. The girl Adonis brought home is the daughter of a mafia lord, and I'm damn sure she doesn't know who Adonis is. The poor girl probably don't know it was me her niggas tried to kill. I picked up my phone in case I needed a quick way to get myself out of here. Now I was sure if this curtin moved even a little bit, my life would be done and over with.