Chapter 5- The boy was chosen

~Annas pov~

Lily and I were sitting in the common room reading our books of potions and spells to get ahead start on ideas for our potions project. There weren't many people around, everyone was by the goblet finding out the rest of the participants in the tournament. Then we heard a knock on the door. We looked at each other not knowing who it could be. Lily held out her hand in a fist to play rock paper scissors to see who would have to get up and open in. I ended up losing like usual. I got up and opened the door and to my surprise it was none other than Harry Potter.

"Umm, Can I help you?" I was super confused as to why the chosen one was at the Hufflepuff common room instead of down with everybody else focusing on the tournament. He walked in and stood right at the window looking out.

"My name was picked." He said. Lily and I were still confused. I guess he saw our confused faces and started explaining.

"My name was picked from the Goblet of Fire, I have to compete." Harry continued.

Lily jumped up. "What? But you're too young! And it's dangerous!" Harry nodded.

"The meeting just ended between Dumbledore and the other professors about whether I should participate or not. They agreed that I should go alongside Cedric" I noticed that his face suddenly flushed. He looked pale and terrified.

"So then why did you come here? If you're looking for my brother I think he went outside." He shook his head.

"I needed some place to go where it was more quiet, and Lily mentioned that I could come if I ever needed a quiet place or someone to talk to." I turned my head towards Lily. She never mentioned anything about them talking. She gave an awkward smile and turned back towards Harry.

"Are you gonna do it?" She asked. He nodded and the room went silent. If that happened to me I know I would be terrified.

Harry came towards where we were in front of the fireplace and sat down. Me and Lily followed him. We sat there for a bit and just talked. It was nice. I didn't have to talk or worry about what was on my mind for once. As the afternoon went on no one else came in. I suppose everyone was looking for Harry. He was smart to come here. I didn't do much talking in the conversations we all had. I liked to listen. I could tell by the way that Lily and Harry talked and interacted with each other that there was something between them.

"I better get going, Hermione and Ron are probably looking for me." He said. We nodded and said our goodbyes then he left.

I got up and looked out the tall window to see the sun setting. It's always my favourite part of the day. The castle turns golden with the glow of the sun. You can see the last remaining parts of the day and see a preview of the night to come. I believe that this window is the best during sunset because you can see the quidditch field and how the tall rings create a silhouette and you can also see part of the now golden castle and you can see the lake which shimmers and looks like it's made out of diamonds. Slowly more and more people started to pile into the common room and the dorms. That's when me and Lily grabbed our books and headed to study in our dorms.