Thirty Five

Two Years Later
Friday, December 8, 2023
Knowles's Residence
Briarwood, Texas
12:25 pm

Two Years LaterFriday, December 8, 2023Knowles's ResidenceBriarwood, Texas12:25 pm

"I'm glad you're having fun Leigh. I'm so happy I could help you see your family for Christmas," Beyoncé said into the phone as she looked out of the window and noticed that her driver was pulling up to her home.

"Thank you so much Beyoncé. I don't know how I can ever repay you. You're the best friend a girl could ask for," Leigh-Anne replied.

"I keep telling you that you don't have to repay me. I want you to be happy and be with your family for Christmas just like I get to be," Beyoncé replied.

"Thank you Bey. Tell your family that I said 'Hi,' and I'll see you after the holidays. Love you Bey," Leigh said.

"Love you too Leigh. Bye," Beyoncé told her before she hung up.

Her driver came around and opened the door for her. He helped her down before he went to grab her bags.

"Oh no Mr. Jackson, you don't have to do that. I keep telling you that I can get my own stuff. I would've driven myself home if my dad hadn't sent you," Beyoncé told her driver.

 I would've driven myself home if my dad hadn't sent you," Beyoncé told her driver

Mr. Jackson was an older man. He had worked for her family since before she was even born. Beyoncé always appreciated and respected him.

She just didn't want him to hurt himself trying to get all of her bags because she knew they were heavy.

"Girl, I am not some fragile little old man. You act like I'm about to go into the nursing home. I can carry a damn bag or two," Mr. Jackson told her.

"Just let me help you. You know your back gives you trouble sometimes," she told him as she grabbed some of her bags and made her way into the house.

She had grabbed the heavier ones to keep him from getting them.

She walked into the house and announced her arrival. Mr. Jackson put her bags down, gave her a hug, and left.

"Hey my baby! How are you? How was your flight?" Tina asked her daughter.

"I'm good. My flight was fine. Where are Tyra and Odell?" Beyoncé asked.