17. Should I Pop the Question Now

~
Shadow POV
~

It was late at night and Sonic was cuddling up against me and was nuzzling my chest fur. I sighed and Sonic looked up at me.

"What's wrong Shadow?"

I looked down at him and smiled looking deep into his eyes. I chuckled at looked away.

"If I were to propose to you right now. Would you say yes?"

He gasped and tears filled his eyes, he sat up and looked at me with wide eyes and his hands covering his mouth. I had my hands behind my head. I smiled at my pregnant hedge.

"I would love you until the night becomes day." He was breathing heavily, and tears were rolling down his cheeks like waterfalls. I smiled and a tear rolled down my face. "Why are you crying?" Sonic asked me sounding so innocently. I looked at him and hugged him.

"I have to go and see rouge, I promise I'll be back before you can even miss me." I smiled and got out of bed and gave Sonic a deep kiss. He kissed back and that lasted for over 2 minutes before we pulled away for air. When I finished I hugged him and left to go to rouges.

I knocked on the door and waited. She opened the door.

"Oh hey handsome, what's up?" She let me in and I sat down and sighed. I looked at her.

"Rouge I need help, I don't know how to ask 'the question' to him. I'm so nervous." I started to sweat a bit."Should I even pop the question, Rouge?" I looked at her nervous she sighs.

"Hun I know Sonic, he will definitely say yes, I promise that." She says surely, like she is saying of course or without a doubt. I sighed in relief and stood up like a brave warrior.

"Alright, I'll ask him tomorrow." Rouge stood up and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Do you even have a ring yo give him?" I looked at her and nodded with a happy smile. "You never really smile that much he must really make you happy." She smiles and hugs me and I hug back. "What does the ring look like." I grabbed it from my quills and showed her.

"I thought it would be cute to give him." The ruby was glistening from the light. She gasped and was in awe. I closed the box and put it back in my quills.

"That is a perfect ring to surprise him with." She clasped her hands and looked at me.

"I thought so too." I smiled and looked at the time. "Well I have to go back to Sonic. I'll call you tomorrow for the surprise." She nodded and escorted me to the door and waved goodbye as I did the same.

I skated home with a smile spread across my face. I opened the door and walked in, then closed it the now locked it, and walked upstairs quietly trying not to disturbed Sonic if he was sleeping. I made it to the room to see an adorable Sonic watching tv.

He looked at me and jumped up in excitement. I walked to the bed and he hopped on me, and snuggled into my chest fur. I chuckled and took the box out of my quills as he closed his eyes and put it in one of the cabinets by our bed.

"Sonic, wanna decorate the babies room next week?" I asked him as he yawns.

"Sure! I would love to Shadow!" He sounded so happy I smiled and kisse his forehead. He smiled and fell asleep.

"I hope you will like your surprise tomorrow." I whispered.

I pulled up the covers so Sonic and I would be warm. I wrapped my arms around Sonic and smiled as he purred, I closed my eyes and fell asleep quickly after.

TBC...