🥀1🥀

Nova Lani Mashes
August 21
5:23 A.M

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I pressed dismiss and got out of bed. I looked over making sure Juniper was still in the bed. She was sound asleep which let me know I had a good amount of time to get ready.

I went in the bathroom and did my hygiene routine. It was a Thursday and tomorrow was an early day. I couldn't wait for this week to be over with. I got out the bathroom and put on my outfit. I had on some blue jeans with a red zip up jacket and Air forces.

I went back in the bathroom and ran some water for Juniper. I went into my room and lightly shook her.

"Junie come on we gotta get ready" I said picking her up.

She rubbed her eyes and let out a small yawn. I bathed her and put her clothes on for today. She was dressed in a white tee with glitter stars on them and light washed denim shorts. I put on her white slides and packed her bag.

It was now 6:47 a.m and I knew I was going to be late. I picked up Juniper and walked to my Aunt's house.

15 Minutes Later
I knocked until she opened the door.

"Don't be knocking on my shit like that" She said with attitude in her voice.

" my bad" I said rolling my eyes.

I handed her Junie and gave Junie a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm coming right after school" I said walking off her porch.

My auntie said okay and went back into her house. I was running late to class. By the time I was expected to get to the school I was going to miss 2 periods so, I decided to not go.

Instead , I went back to my dad's place and decided to look for some jobs. When I got there I seen lines of coke on the table. I rolled my eyes and prayed that it was gone by the time Junie came back.

I pulled out my computer and went to looking. In the mist I started to get sad. I never understood why I got like this.

Maybe it's because my mother passed away which resulted in me taking care of my 4 year old little sister. Maybe it's because I stay in this abusive household with my father. Maybe it's because some nights me and Junie don't eat. All this baggage this 17 year old girl has to carry.

"What you crying fa" I heard somebody say.

I looked back and seen my father standing in the doorway .

I wiped my face and turned back to my computer.

"Nothing " I responded.

"Yeah well I need you to clean up the house " he said smoking a blunt.

"Why? me and Junie stay in this room 24/7 . Even when we do mess up , I clean behind us. That shit in there is you" I told him.

"Listen bitch, watch your fucking mouth and this shit better be clean by the time I come back" he yelled leaving out my room.

I shook my head and checked what time it was. It was 12:30 and I had some time before, I had to pick up Junie. I cleaned the house and grabbed my purse before leaving.

25 Minutes Later

"What you want to eat tonight" I asked Junie walking back to the house.

"Ummm pizza and ice cweam andd soda" she said, smiling.

"Ok let's go get it" I said laughing.

We walked to Little Caesears and ordered us a pepperoni pizza. We got sprite then went to the corner-store and got Butter-pecan ice cream.

At The House
I turned on Princess and the frog while we ate our food. I could hear my father doing the nasty in his room so, I turned up the volume.

"Wovaa " Juniper said.

"Yes junie" I said.

"I thought you said we was going bye bye" she said taking a bite from her pizza.

"We are but I need some time" I said, sighing.

"Ok cause I don't like going to auntie house because she let's her owther kids hit me" Junie said, with her eyes still on the T.V .

"She let them do what" I said , snapping my head in her direction.

"She let them pop pop me" she said pointing at her arm.

I looked at her body to make sure she didn't have no bruises and she luckily didn't.

A couple minutes later

Junie was sleep and I cleaned up around the room. I turned the tv down and put on P-Valley. I felt myself getting tired and I turned the tv off. I let my eyes close and hoped for a better day.

------------ $$$$$ -----------

Hi guys this is my first chapter how y'all feel about it?

Vote & Comment 💕