·1·

"Can I get you anything else ma'am?"

"No, I'm fine. Thank you."

The waitress made her way back to the kitchen of the nearly empty cafe. In all there was probably five customers total in the whole cafe. A couple sitting in a booth by the window, a man around forty years old at a small table by himself, and two strangers three stools away from each other at the counter.

For it being 5:23 in the morning this was normal.

The girl to the right of the counter switched between eating her breakfast and reading a book she had been close to finishing. Meanwhile the male sitting to the left of her was reading the local newspaper after just finishing his own breakfast.

Not too much was happening in the small cafe. Soft music was playing in the background while everyone enjoyed their morning.

"Excuse me ma'am, can I have the bill please?" The guy asked as the waitress passed behind him.

"Sure thing!" She nodded then made her way over to the register at the end of the counter.

"Thanks." That's when he noticed her.

He noticed how the girl next to him seemed familiar. But he couldn't think of why. He thought about it for a bit and didn't realize he was starring at her.

But she realized he was.

"Can I help you?" She looked up from her book. He shook out of it.

"I-i'm sorry for starring, but you look so familiar." He explained. She gave him a strange look not really knowing how to respond.

The door chimed which briefly caught her attention. She turned over her left shoulder and watched the couple walk out the door. The guy then saw the tattoo under her left ear

"Lonesome Town..." He spoke under his breath. The name bringing back her attention. He knew too well of that group.

"Where the broken heart stays, right?" She smirked.

The waitress came back over and the two of them acted like they weren't just talking incase she overheard anything. Thankfully she did not and just slid the guy his bill and headed over to the guy in the back.

This time she spotted the same tattoo peaking over the collar of his denim jacket.

"We should do a job together sometime." He suggested.

"Is that so?"

Now she was intrigued.

"Yeah." They smiled at each other.

"When?"

He glanced around the cafe and smirked. He turned back to her.

"What about right now?" He spoke lowly. She was kind of shocked.

"This place?" She questioned.

"Yeah!" He thought why not. "I mean this place has great-"

"Donuts" the two spoke at the same time. Again they smiled at each other. The guy looked away and chuckled but came back to her.

"You in?"

"I'm in."

The two watched as the waitress walked back to the kitchen. Both reaching into the bags they had with them.

"Well then," he spoke. "Ladies first."

"What a gentleman." She giggled while pulling a half broken white mask from her bag and placing it on her face. The male doing the same yet his was completely fine. He gave her a wink then made his way over to the guy in the back.

She immediately walked back to the kitchen pulling a gun from the waistband of her jeans.

"Everybody on the ground, now!" She yelled demandingly. All the cooks as well as the waitress dropped what they were doing and crouched to the floor with their hands up. They guy came into the kitchen as well, dragging the man with him. Glancing at a door in the back of the kitchen the girl made her way over to it and opened it.

A closet.

"Get in!" Slowly but surely they got everyone in the closet and shut the door. "Lets go!"

Both of them ran back to the front register pressing some buttons and eventually got it open. They grabbed what they could, shoving it into both of their bags. As soon as they cleared the register, the two booked it out the front door and down the streets of the empty city.

They ran for a few blocks and turned a few corners before ducking into an alley. Both collapsing on the brick wall of the building. Soon there was cop cars speeding down the street towards the cafe.

"Wow." They guy chuckled, still panting. "That was impressive."

"That was probably the smoothest job ive done." Admitted the girl. Taking off her mask, she put it back in her bag and glanced over to the street. The sun was just starting to come up and light up the city.

"I'm Jason." The guy spoke, taking his mask off as well. The girl turned back to see him smiling at her.

"Annie." She grinned.

"You're not from around here are you?" Jason questioned.

"How can you tell?"

"I just can." He shrugged. Jason got up and held his hand out for her. "Come on."

She took his hand and he pulled her up. "Where are we going?"

"I got a spot."

~a short one but, it'll do. Lmk what you think!~