03

Aaliyah

"Y'all meet Ms. Stephanie?" My mom asked as she helped us clean the kitchen.

"Who is Ms. Stephanie?" We all asked.

"The lady across the street, she used to be my high school dance coach. I always come to see her when I used to come to Raleigh, she got a son and daughter. Y'all should go meet them" my momma said.

"Oop" Nadia said as she looked at me.

"Oh...." I said quietly.

"Something tells me that they already met the son" Kaliyah said as she looked at us.

"Shut up" me and Nadia said.

"oh y'all have?" My momma asked.

"So look we went outside while y'all was gone right" I started to say.

"Then like his homies was kinda looking scrumptious to me, so him and the niggas spotted us and walked over to introduce themselves and this retard came off as rude and he put her in her place" Nadia finished and they laughed.

I flicked her off and she shrugged.

"I told you stop being mean" my momma said. "We going over there so go put some clothes on, Finna introduce y'all the right way".

We finished cleaning and went upstairs to get dressed.

"HURRY UP LADIES" my momma said.

I put my lip gloss on and walked out my room.

I walked downstairs.

"Damn finally" Kaliyah said and my momma punched her in the arm.

"Watch yo mouth" my momma told her.

"Ouch"

"Hush cuz ian punch u hard"

"Jesus" Nadia said as we walked out the door.

My momma closed the door and locked it then we headed across the street.

"Don't be mean either" my momma told me and Kaliyah.

"Why yeen Tell Nadia too" Kaliyah asked.

"Cuz she the only friendly one, y'all mean asses don't like folks. These nice people so y'all about to get to know them" my momma said as we walked onto the front porch.

She knocked on the door.

The dude who put me in check opened the door with no shirt on and I cleared my throat and looked the other way.

"MAA, Ms.Maliyah outside" he yelled out and his momma came to the door.

"Hey Toota Butt" my momma said as she hugged him and he hugged her back.

"Damn he respectful too" Nadia whispered in my ear and I chuckled.

"Heyyyyyy Maliyah" his momma said as she hugged my momma.