Chapter 6

“Are you sure you’ll be ok?”

Noriaki smiled and kissed Jotaro’s cheek, “I’ll be fine, love. I have Hierophant to protect me and help me get around. You can pick me up after my last class.”

Jotaro grumbled, “I don’t like it.”

“I know, but I promise, I’ll be fine. Go enjoy your first day as a college student.”

Jotaro sighed, “Fine. I’ll go, but I won’t enjoy being away from you.”

Noriaki laughed, “Who could have guessed that the Jotaro Kujo was such a softie.”

“Shut up!” Jotaro complained as he tried to hide his smile.

“I love you, Jojo.”

Jotaro turned dark red, “Love you to.”

“Jojo…”

“Hmm?”

“You have to let go…”

Jotaro quickly stepped back, “Sorry.”

Noriaki’s smile was beautiful as he laughed, “I’ll see you later, ok?”

Jotaro nodded, then quickly scolded himself, “Yeah. Sure. I’ll be here at 2:30 waiting. Be careful.”

Noriaki waved as he turned and walked towards the art building. Jotaro watched him walk away, nervously drumming his fingers against his leg.

It was the first time they had separate classes other than PE and Braille in high school. The whole idea terrified Jotaro. Noriaki had insisted they take separate classes to get them both use to living in separate careers. Jotaro had decided to go into marine biology and Noriaki into psychology. While their initial classes could be taken together, Noriaki decided he wanted to get use to navigating on his own. Jotaro argued but eventually had to give in to his boyfriends need for independence. He refused to smother the redhead and potentially drive him away.

That didn’t mean he wouldn’t be a nervous wreck until Noriaki proved himself capable of navigating the college campus by himself. Their entire first few weeks, Jotaro missed nearly everything his instructors said due to worrying about his boyfriend. 

Noriaki, on the other hand, was greatly enjoying his new found freedom. While he loved how protective Jotaro was, he still needed his own space, his own life. He loved Jotaro deeply but knew that life wrapped around Jotaro would lead to heartbreak for them both. 

After about a month of classes, Jotaro and Noriaki settled into a comfortable routine. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Jotaro walked Noriaki to his classes at 7:30am and met him at 2:30pm to walk home. On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, they both worked at the Speedwagon Foundation for about 6 hours a day. 

Time passed.

With that passage of time, so passed other things like distance and mystery.

Noriaki, despite his blindness, knew every inch of Jotaro’s body. He could picture every muscle, scar, hair and mark on his boyfriends’ body. In the months they had lived together, his lips had traced and kissed Jotaro’s body from head to toe.