Chapter 23

SO THIS CHAPTER IS IN JIA YEE'S POV ONLY. JIA YEE, OKAY? ENJOY~~
--

"Hey Maxxxxx! Go away!" I laughed, pushing my boyfriend away. Max pouted, "Why? I like to hug you~"

Max and I were having some quality time alone at his house. A cheesy movie was inserted into his DVD player and romantic background music was playing. Max and I were cuddling on the couch.

Seeing Max's near-to-tears face, I chuckled and pulled Max into a bear hug.

"Awwww is my pooh bear gonna cry just because I don't hug you?" I smirked.

Max grinned and pounced on me, "That's cuz you're not giving me my honey, honey~~!"

Pooh Bear's my nickname for him; Honey's his for me.

"No honey for naughty little pooh!" I said playfully, swatting his arms away.

Max ignored me and immediately pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. He looked at me deeply into my eyes and murmured, "...I love you, Jia Yee."

He leaned down and closed the space between us, his lips touching mine.

~~~

"Where are you going?" My ever anxious twin sister, Jia Jia, asked me.

"To see Max." I smiled, humming to myself happily.

"But it's already late." She protested.

"So? Max'll protect me." I hummed.

Jia Jia sighed and I sighed too, turning around to stop her from speaking. I know where this is leading.

She's gonna nag me about Max.

"Sis, I know you hate Max. But just because he broke up with you to date me, it doesn't mean he's gonna break up with me too. Chill!"

Jia Jia's face cloud with darkness, "...I regret dating that useless playboy. Jia Yee, please be careful."

With that, she turns and leaves our room.

Yes, Max was Jia Jia's ex. And she found out he was cheating on her...in a bad way.

Max had asked Jia Jia to meet him at his house but when she arrived, she came across a scene of Max kissing some girl she didn't recognise.

That day their relationship stopped. And Max's next target was me.

Sigh....

Anyway, I'm gonna see him very soon!! It's Valentine's day! Yayyy!

I skipped down the stairs happily and headed out. I rushed to Max's house and rang the doorbell the moment I reached it.

The door opened and I smiled cheerfully, "Max~~ Happy Valentine's Day!! It's also our half year anniversary~~ I hope you-"

I stopped talking when I saw Max with tousled hair and an arm around...a girl. A very cute girl. And that girl was my best friend.

She was smirking at me, "Hi Yee."

"...Shuan." I mumbled, tears threatening to spill.

"...Max. What's this about?" I asked, trying to stop my voice from wavering.

"Ah..well, it's what it looks like. I'm cheating on you. Since you caught me, let's break up."

With just those words, he slammed the door in my face. The last thing I saw was Shuan's smirking face.

I lost my boyfriend and my best friend that day.

~~~